Xsara Picasso 2001 HDi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Xsara Picasso 2001 HDi

Post by oscar »

Hi ive a few bits to sort out on my new acquirey!
one is the spring on clutch pedal as mech told my friend it needed doing as sticks.
other i think is front anti roll bar area as clattery! are they same as zanty?.
Fuel filter housing how do you open to change filter.
Need to find fuse diagram/layout as blew one trying to get bulb out in boot think it's number 7?
Pollen filter! wheres that hiding?
does look a bit grubby under bonnet so wondering if exhaust or like is leaking there? but don't sound bad.

One other thing is how best to go about getting another key as he only had one when got it as they said they'd sort it out but he never got it in the end.
what's the best way/cheapest? change locks or get one cut and get transponder bits or???

Someone kindly put a hole by lock and took my old wheels out of boot but did find someone on flea bay selling stainless steel discs that go round locks in many sizes so going to get pair of them
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Xsara Picasso 2001 HDi

Post by RichardW »

>one is the spring on clutch pedal as mech told my friend it needed doing as sticks.

Not sure - these are hydraulic clutch, are you sure it's not a clutch problem.... new spring is <£10, but I can't see how it could stick - it would either be working or broken. It appears to be just 'hooked' on.

>other i think is front anti roll bar area as clattery! are they same as zanty?.

Similar, but parts are different. Had most of the front suspension on ours changed though, and it still rattled!

>Fuel filter housing how do you open to change filter.

Depends - Bosch or Siemens injection? Bosch has a 22mm hex on top of it, siemens a knurled ring. Either way remove the pipes and 'just' unscrew it. If it's a Siemens, then worth getting a pair of oil pump pliers, and it's damned difficult to get hold of it - just did one on a Xsara, and just got it with the filter in the vice, and a chain wrench. Getting the filter off on a Siemens is easy though, compared to a Bosch. Make sure you fully clean out the filter housing after the change - particularly if it's Bosch, as it's easy to get crud on the clean side of the filter.

>Need to find fuse diagram/layout as blew one trying to get bulb out in boot think it's number 7?

Dunno - there is a fuse board under the panel by the drivers knee, and I think another in / around the glove box.

>Pollen filter! wheres that hiding?

There's an access panel under the bonnet over the top of the engine towards the left of the bay as you look at it - 2 or 3 wingnuts to get it off, then filter just pulls out. Very easy!

>does look a bit grubby under bonnet so wondering if exhaust or like is leaking there? but don't sound bad.

Think they all look like that now!

>One other thing is how best to go about getting another key as he only had one when got it as they said they'd sort it out but he never got it in the end.
>what's the best way/cheapest? change locks or get one cut and get transponder bits or???

You will need to get a new key, and get it cut - there are plenty of options, but make sure the key is new - a 2nd hand one WILL NOT work. You will then a need a Lexia and the immobiliser code to program the new key.
Richard W
oscar

Post by oscar »

Hi thank you for that Richard i shall have a peek under there later
i do think filter must be siemens then as looks like it has a ring round it with a what looks like a drain plunger down below the rind has indentations on it.
they always seem to have thought it was spare wheel carrier but sounds more front end to me just need to remove under shield and change oil and will have a more detailed look.

i did find a blurb on RAC website so typically citroeeen oh lala thing which gave you a list of bits like in a manual pdf file as was trying to find what the snail on dashboard was all about and poke end of right hand stalk and it changes so found that out!

Getting there with it with it must admit not a bad bus even got a shopping trolley with mine in the boot.
Where do you get those keys from/cut etc found blanks on flea bay

One other thing just thought of how do you get rear light out as R/H side must have a dodgey connection as not working on brake light he used to tap it!
oscar

Post by oscar »

By the way what is the De-cap?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

RichardW wrote:
Depends - Bosch or Siemens injection? Bosch has a 22mm hex on top of it, Siemens a knurled ring. Either way remove the pipes and 'just' unscrew it. If it's a Siemens, then worth getting a pair of oil pump pliers, and it's damned difficult to get hold of it - just did one on a Xsara, and just got it with the filter in the vice, and a chain wrench. Getting the filter off on a Siemens is easy though, compared to a Bosch. Make sure you fully clean out the filter housing after the change - particularly if it's Bosch, as it's easy to get crud on the clean side of the filter.
I just did mine on Saturday after much prevarication. Fastened on by a gorilla, couldn't budge it with a strap wrench, just slipped around the sealing ring, tried belting it with a hammer and a bit of wood interposed onto the knurls, gave up after half an hour before I cracked it.

Bought a pair of oil filter pliers from eBay and they did the trick, still some effort required but all ended well.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

for the fuel filter i disconnect the pipes and electrical plug,
then place an oil filter chain wrench like the one below to undo and re/fit the large plastic ring nut

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRAPER-77592- ... 0747964329" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

oscar wrote:By the way what is the De-cap?

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=44276" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dunno about the rear light - never had one off. It might just be pushed on looking on service.citroen. If you post up the last 8 digits of the VIN we can check the type of injection fitted, and other things it came with.
Richard W
oscar

Post by oscar »

hi ive just the thing for sorting the rust out here Zip wheels but ive also got this gadget from osbourne abrasives what it is is a blue bosch thing like an angle grinder but with a long nose so can get in everywhere uses SDS click system the dogs dodars for auto works.

Maybe should have a citroen weekend with us all repairing it as must be many other talented people on here ive made panels before formed them when rebuilt floor on my old car.
What you can use for rust to neutralise it is concrete/brick cleaner say gear as stop rust but comes in big tubs.
Old mini roofs was the dogs danglies for car repairs as good bit of metal.

Can you not find any visa's for bits as most be a few around somewhere?.
oscar

Post by oscar »

citronut wrote:for the fuel filter i disconnect the pipes and electrical plug,
then place an oil filter chain wrench like the one below to undo and re/fit the large plastic ring nut

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRAPER-77592- ... 0747964329" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi ive one of those plus a strap type and 2 of those rubber ones that you thread through handle.
Have you tried the one that has like a duplex chain with a handle that locks it?