Citroen C5, factory parking assistance

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hawaiianblue

Citroen C5, factory parking assistance

Post by hawaiianblue »

Hi,

I've got a 2004 (mk1), C5 estate.

I'm in the process of retrofitting a factory rear parking sensor kit (the line fit one, not the cheap dealer fit one)

The module is fitted and the wiring was already there for it, the rear sensors and valance are in, and connected to the module.

The problem i'm having though it finding out where to put the small speaker. I've bought the speaker from Citroen, but i'm not sure where it actually goes, i can't find wiring that fits it, but then i'm not sure i'm looking in the right place. The online parts catalogue isn't totally clear where it goes. When i bought the module, sensors and rear harness from a breakers i had them go all over the scrap car trying to find the speaker on it and they had no luck.

A quick google search seems to bring up lots of images for the dealer fit ones, which are little more than generic after market kits.

On my Jaguar X-Type which uses a similar (Valeo) system, the speaker is in the passenger compartment fuse box, but the only spare wiring i can find in the citroen fuse box has the wrong connector on it for the speaker.

Has any one done this, retro fit themselves? Or does anyone have the factory fitted system and can give me a clue to where the speaker is? Even if you can just tell me where the sound appears to be coming from! But a photo of the speaker in situ would be perfect.
dnsey

Re: Citroen C5, factory parking assistance

Post by dnsey »

I don't know about the Mk1, but the facelift C5 uses the radio speaker corresponding to the position of the obstacle. The parking system is integrated into the audio system, and the radio volume is reduced when the parking sensors are in use.
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

Front sensor which I replaced recently was Bosch (made in Spain). Parking sensors are integrated to the radio (audio) and to the central console display (visual).
Last edited by VertVega on 16 Apr 2014, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

I gave it a quick look for the MK1 in the service documentation, the beeper (part no. 00006590[A0], or [17] or [A6] ... depending on the OPR ID) is located in the right rear part of the car, what looks to in the rear boot right side (wheel arch) ... the beeper is the No. 7 in the photo ... no installation details for the beeper, just for the sensors ...

hawaiianblue

Post by hawaiianblue »

Hi, thanks for the replies, the Mk2 may well use the radio speakers, but the MK1 definitely lists a separate sounder as a part, the description and operation in lexia says it uses a dedicated speaker too.

Now i looked that that same image on service citroen, but it seems a bit ambiguous, it could be in the back of the car, but equally that drawing could be interpreted as it being in the front left? The sounder shows screws coming through from the right, as if it's screwed to the left side of something. I did pull back the trim on the right side, but i'll have a look on the left too and see if there is a wire there. Mine is an estate, if that makes any difference.
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

The estate has the same picture ... the possibility that the perspective could point to the front passenger compartment is real, it was a long time since we had a Mk1 in the family, so I can't be of any more help in this problem ...
tco_tm
My Cars:

Post by tco_tm »

In C5 Break Mk1 parking assistance (single) speaker is located under left side (or wait, maybe it was right?) cargo space upholstery. It is mounted to a metal body frame, few centimeters below line of window.

P.S./EDIT: Speaker is marked as "7504". Picture is for LHD version - don't know if RHD is opposite.
c5_berline_aide_speaker.png
Last edited by tco_tm on 29 Apr 2014, 23:45, edited 1 time in total.
hawaiianblue

Post by hawaiianblue »

Excellent, i'll pop the trims off in the boot and have another good look in there. The cable might be tucked away in there somewhere. I only had a quick look last time, but i was hesitant to strip it completely at the time as i wasn't completely sure that i wasn't just on a wild goose chase.