ZX Interiors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Guru Meditation

ZX Interiors

Post by Guru Meditation »

Thought I'd see if I can draw on someones knowledge here to save me some trial and error.
I've got a 93 ZX TD Aura and I want to replace the interior because the seats offer poor support, the lumbar adjustment doesn't seem to do too much and the seat has no height adjustment in it (must've been made before height adjustment was standard). I was thinking an interior from either a 5 door Volcane of as late a year as possible or failing that some other high spec model to at least get the seat height adjustment.
Two things, the small one being any recommendations as to a high spec model that has a nice interior other than a voclane if I can't find one of them,
the second bigger thing is that my ZX has the rear seat that slides forwards rather than folding so will seats from a rear seat 'folding' model fit? I expect so as the holes in the floor pan would probably be the same, but I'm not sure?
Cheers as always!
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

right,
Have a look at the furio's for interiour trim, they seem similiar to the volcanes.
As for the rear seat, logic says that a standard folding rear seat should fit into the exsisting holes. But then again we are talking french!!
Ross
Jon

Post by Jon »

The interior from a 5 Door Volcane will go straight into an Aura as a simple bolt in job, complete with split fold and sliding rear seat. The Volcane drivers seat offers both the pump up lumber support, plus the benefits of pump up side support, as well as height adjustment.
To be honest, having had 2x Volcane and now an Aura, I find the seat OK in the Aura compared to the last 2, the lumber support is a complete wate of time to me as I drive with the seat quite reclined anyway, but each to their own. The pump up side supports in the Volcane are nice and grip you up in hard cornering but I found the height control a waste of time as I always had it on the lowest setting as did anyone else that borrowed the cars.
Volcane seats look nice though!! :-))
Guru Meditation

Post by Guru Meditation »

Cheers for the reply. Yeah the problem with my none adjusting seat is that I'd like it to go lower-I don't know if the default height of the none adjusting seats are the same as the lowest position of the adjusting ones or somewhere in between, if you know what I'm saying! I find the driving position in my ZX a little strange-
When I read reviews of the 205 gti one complaint was that the thigh to steering wheel clearance wasn't that great but in my 205 gti the steering wheel never came close to touching my thighs, no problems, but in my ZX I find that even with the steering wheel adjusted to it's highest position I still can't straighten my legs up under the wheel without them hitting the steering wheel. The pain is that with the steering on it's highest the bottom row of warning lights is obscured which pi$$es me off because the dash lights up all the time I get paranoid that I haven't switched my lights on or cancelled a turn signal etc.
I'm not too short about 5 11 but not huge either so I don't know what the deal is!
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

My Elation which I bought recently, the seats in that are a bit rough, just waiting for one with a duff engine that i can use as a donor. But the drivers seat is quite hight compared to my Avatage. Strange! Havent looked into it yet but it feels like im huge in this toy town car!!
Finialy, would the rear seats from a 5dr Volcane bolt in for are the rears different?
Thanks
R
FFX-DM
My Cars:

Post by FFX-DM »

This topic interests me too. I wonder if one could put the split/sliding rear seats into a 'Leader' which has got the most basic of interiors (although I have funky cow print seat covers on!). Whenever I flatten my rear seat to stuff loads of gear into the boot, it takes me ages to get it back into place again as the bottom hinge (?) pops out.
I am quite nostalgic about the lift out flexibility of my old AX, where I quite often left the rear seats out completely for weeks at a time. You could get loads in!
Alison