Catching up with my HDI Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Catching up with my HDI Xantia

Post by Stewart(oily) »

I thought I would share the news, a couple of weeks ago the radiator goo stopping my Xantia heater matrix from leaking finally let go, nasty sticky steam on the windows and red water in the passenger footwell, :cry:
I have been driving about with the dash partially removed since the Autumn and it really has spoiled my enjoyment of what is really a pretty tidy car, a whole weekend was dedicated to it, barring early starts and the job went on to a couple of hours snagging on the Monday, the matrix that was in the car was a reconditioned one so its now on its third !.
The only casualty seems to be the tweeters mounted in the dash, the connectors went astray when the dash was being lifted back in. I will get around to them at some point.
Spurred on by this success I have now fitted my replacement crankshaft pulley and eccentric pulley, the chirp of the belt on startup has gone, five litres of fully synth, a new filter and a bonus new windscreen and the Xantia is once again a nice drive, I am still looking for an undertray if anyone has one, roll on summer. :)
If anyone needs a Matrix replacing in their Xantia I might be persuaded, for a consideration :wink:
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Re: Catching up with my HDI Xantia

Post by wurlycorner »

Stewart(oily) wrote:If anyone needs a Matrix replacing in their Xantia I might be persuaded, for a consideration :wink:
Mine needs doing - I've had the new one floating about in the boot since I bought the car about 6 years ago :lol: (though it hasn't been on the road for the last couple of years )

I'm thinking of retro-fitting a/c at the same time, so do feel free to volunteer! :rofl2:
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

Retrofitting Aircon, try sucking an extra strong mint :-D
North East Wales Yes :)
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Im ALSO in North Wales, and done about 10 matrix replacments in my time!

I ALSO retro fitted Air Con to an Early L reg Mk.1 ... When you fit Air con to a Mark One Xantia YOU DO NEED TO SWAP DASH BOARDS for the Later S1 dash board with the Tiny Glove Box.

Early "Large" glove box from Non Air Con Mk.1 is a seperate item that screws out of the dash, but later Mk.1 Air Con dash boards with the Small Glove Box is an All in one box which does not come out of the dash. The Large glove box will NOT go back in once Air Con is fitted I PROMISE!

I did the retro fit on an early car, unfortunally, even though it was an SX, there was no air con harness on the car, so I wired up a bare bones to make it work..

Ive had a dash out of a 1996 N reg VSX car, to do a heater, and that car DID have the spare plugs for the evaporator, heating ECU and air con compressor etc.

Ive got about 4 Xantia Evaporator Heater Units in the shed! Its ONLY the blower half of the heater box that needs swapping, the Flow Director section can stay in the car. You'll see once the dash it out.
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Stewart(oily)

Post by Stewart(oily) »

Ten of them ! :shock: I have another one in the pipeline but that might do me for this lifetime :)
I did know a couple of chaps that retrofitted AC to a BX a good few years ago, that looked like an enormous job, I am just detailing now, looking for an undertray and some of the moulded front mudflaps.