Xsara picaso over 1.9td zanty estate

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Xsara picaso over 1.9td zanty estate

Post by oscar »

Hi im thinking of scrapping my 97 P reg 1.9td zanty estate as heater don't work right head gasket has a slight blow(been like it for 4 years!)get bit of pressure if going up hills! but as said been like it since engine went in and been everywhere. does let water in the tail gate as was rear ended before i got it why i got it for £32.50 cat C.but in this monsoon we had last few months it soaked carpets.theres a few other odds and ends like any car but it starts and stops well never lets you down apart from return pipe broke down by front valve so green poo came out just replaced that bit.

But been offered a Xsara picaso 20 110 HDi 2001 inc brand new tow bar thats for £40. for £200 just need to late put D/S/F wing as someone rolled into it and they cat c'd it as guess garage went it needs abcefgh plus wxyz then some? they did say headlight and bumper but both are ok as high on wing (spare wheel on a suzuki jeep) my friends car and had fair while so know all about it.

the only thing i didnt like was it is shorter mind higher and also will miss my smooth ride but one plus it's £110 a year for what will be the disappearing beer mat.end of this year.

so what do you reckon on xsara
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Re: Xsara picaso over 1.9td zanty estate

Post by lexi »

I have never had one but had a few Xantias. They do look to be one of the best cheap cars around though.
Tons in the scrappy, good hdi economy, big and roomy,easy access in and out. I would have the seats out as a fishing wagon. Most of the interiors are horrid anyway.

Apart from the usual stuff, possible rear axle renewal , electrics maybe, I think they are good and would have one.

£32.50 for a car?...........I like it :lol:

Edit. Had 2 standard Xsara estates mind you. Keep the suspension rubber and mounts new and they ride and handle not bad.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

They're a bargain motor. I prefer the Berlingo myself, as it's more practical but the mechanical bits are much the same.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

and the Xsara Piscasooooo suffer with serious tin worm of the door sills :roll: :shock: :x
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Post by oscar »

citronut wrote:and the Xsara Piscasooooo suffer with serious tin worm of the door sills :roll: :shock: :x
So you think an good replacement for the ole zanty? will miss that though as been so good to me esp for £32.50 plus £10 for the Speedline alloy's in white (205 1.9 type) Im sure there Grp N m sport ones as never seen them have speedline stickers on wheel before they have flat seats not conical think they was for 309 1.9 that they rallied while back and came from near factory ryton way
Hi yes did see/read that while back but it does look very clean and say's they looked under it and said very nice when in garage! It's friends car he wants something so can lob his tools in the back and get rid of van probably and have one car as hes gone with a Honda CRV! wants something that can take the weight etc.

Can you dose them up with the old waxoyl thing?

Yes the fishing wagon is one of my things as love zanty as get all my toot inside it 7.6ft zziplex tips.
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Had many a good sleep in my Xantia estate up North.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

when i fitted a new door sill to my friends Picasoooo, on cutting the old one off i found all the sill drains were blocked solid, with the same rubberised under body coating citroen coat the underside of there cars with,

so the sill fills with water and in turn rots the sill away from inside out
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years