lexia hardware & software

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Brokenc5

lexia hardware & software

Post by Brokenc5 »

Thus may seem random, but bear with the newb...
The lexia diagnostic tool - do you need the specific tool, or does the software and an appropriate cable work? Is it possible to download the lexia reader onto a laptop and connect using an OBD11 cable?
I have a 2001 C5 with a locked ecu following disconecting the electrics for a clutch change, none of the manual resets i''ve found on here have worked and it's gone into eco mode negating further attempts. I'm north of Inverness and the car is immobile so struggling for solutions at this stage...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: lexia hardware & software

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Welcome aboard the forum, and I hope you get to change your name soon!

No, you need the whole kit. The PSA group don't properly comply with the OBD11 standards, so the Lexia is the only way in. I don't know who the nearest Lexia owner is, but you could take a look in this list to see who is nearby and could help;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you haven't already tried it, there is a routine to reset the ECUs on a C5 that might also help;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 11&t=40407" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Brokenc5 wrote:Thus may seem random, but bear with the newb...
The lexia diagnostic tool - do you need the specific tool, or does the software and an appropriate cable work? Is it possible to download the lexia reader onto a laptop and connect using an OBD11 cable?
I have a 2001 C5 with a locked ecu following disconecting the electrics for a clutch change, none of the manual resets i''ve found on here have worked and it's gone into eco mode negating further attempts. I'm north of Inverness and the car is immobile so struggling for solutions at this stage...
Try the reset procedure that James linked to.

I had to resort to that myself last week, albeit with some divergence.
I had stupidly left my ignition on all afternoon. I never remove the keys from the car when I'm at work. It had gone into Eco Mode at lunch time. I restarted the engine to listen to the last few minutes of a CD and had left the ignition on.
When I got back to the car to leave work, Eco mode was on again and the battery was deaded.

My daughter brought my spare battery but that was kaput too.
Took the one from the car home to recharge, took the bus to work and daughter brought the charged battery to work at finishing time.

Naturally, couldn't do the 'open drivers window...' part as Eco mode prevented the opening of the window, had to open the door after a few minutes instead, which triggered the suspension ECU.

All was reasonably well and the car started after following the rest of the procedure, with one or two minor bits of electronic weirdness on the way home but it cleared up the following day and has been fine since.
Brokenc5

Post by Brokenc5 »

Ok, I've tried the routine to fix the ECU referred to above, a couple of times, with no success. I've had the battery off and charged fully overnight and tried again, with no success.

Being so remote from everywhere up here in the highlands, I chanced it and paid out for a Lexia set up, patiently installed on the laptop and connected this evening. 'failed to establish communication with ECU' or some such error is all I've achieved :-(

Out of interest I've tried an ECU flasher programme on another OBD2 cable - fails to read with a 'failure to open port' error.

Any suggestions why this is? Is the economy mode likely to be causing problems? If so, how do I get economy off? As far as I can see for a 2001 2.2 C5, the system pays no attention to battery output, just a time from last engine running. Surely there is a way of resetting this? Obviously I've had the battery off and on for significant periods over the last two weeks while trying to resolve this manually, and it's made no difference. In a frustrated moment of likely stupidity, I also tried jumping it from another vehicle to see if it would see the battery charging and the ignition on, and reset... No. Not even with the battery indicator at the maximum 'safe' charge on the dash, it's still in economy mode.

I'll be messaging the Lexia suppliers also, but since it seems to be car related rather than the diagnostic, thought I'd be best posting here too.
Brokenc5

Post by Brokenc5 »

Finally got a lexia to talk to the ecu - reset procedures weren't helping as despite the dash display of 'immobiliser fault', the problem was actually a failed crank sensor. All running, now to start trying the de-FAP process... 'additive min level' and intermittent 'filter blocked' warnings haven't magically disappeared during it's time off the road :-(
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

The message "Failed to establish communication with ECU" is a known issue. As far as I can make out (from what I have read, and personal experience) is that the Lexia is not waiting long enough for a response from some ECUs. I have had this happen on a few occasions, and the best way around it is to try again. Usually after a few attempts the Lexia and ECU will resolve their differences and start talking to each other.

You probably are going to have to get the additive (no idea what and from where, as I don't have C5 knowledge), and deal with that (I believe there is an explanation on the forum), and hope that somebody who knows C5s' can help with the filter.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!