Freebie Xantia Haynes plus stupid plastic clip

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rpaco
My Cars:

Freebie Xantia Haynes plus stupid plastic clip

Post by rpaco »

I have not been here for a while. My Xantia got a need of many pipes and I was left a bit of money to buy a new car. I got a Ceed 4 tech, but that's another story, you can see my posts on the Kia owners forum.
To the point.
I have a Haynes manual for the Xantia which I can send for p&p. I will throw in the spare stupid plastic clip (clutch cable end to pedal lever) which I got as a spare, having seen the design of the broken one, I could only marvel that it lasted so many years before breaking. I remember driving home with no clutch and a day or so later hanging upside down, fitting a new clip and trying to persuade the cable end into it.

If anyone wants to collect they can pm me. I am in Coningsby Lincs home of the Typhoon and BBMF just down the road. (the RAF do not normally fly at weekends, though the BBMF will be going in or out to displays, check their website)

I could pack and get it weighed at the post office or send it via Collect+ Will advise later.

If no takers I will leave on a Xantia roof if find one in a car park.
1998 Xantia 1.9TD SX That kinda dark green that shows every spec and is an oven in the summer.
Northern_Mike

Re: Freebie Xantia Haynes plus stupid plastic clip

Post by Northern_Mike »

I would love the Haynes...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
jacksun1987

Post by jacksun1987 »

lol i live in tattershall lincs
Yours is not the red xantia park out side the solicitors.
Ive seen 2 in woodhall spa A red 95 vsx parked in coop car park And saw a green one near the club
The nly other one i saw in connisby was a blue estate. In one of the houses on the main road
And there was a blue hatch on ebay for sale bout a year or so ago

I dont know if the cable thing be any good to me. Mines hydorlic operated clutch
rpaco
My Cars:

Post by rpaco »

Northern_Mike wrote:I would love the Haynes...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
OK PM me with your name and address assuming its in mainland UK. I'll pack it up and let youknow how much the postage is unless you are near enough to collect it.
Cheers
1998 Xantia 1.9TD SX That kinda dark green that shows every spec and is an oven in the summer.
rpaco
My Cars:

Post by rpaco »

jacksun1987 wrote:lol i live in tattershall lincs
Yours is not the red xantia park out side the solicitors. o
Ive seen 2 in woodhall spa A red 95 vsx parked in coop car park And saw a green one near the club
The nly other one i saw in connisby was a blue estate. In one of the houses on the main road
And there was a blue hatch on ebay for sale bout a year or so ago

I dont know if the cable thing be any good to me. Mines hydorlic operated clutch
Ah Tattershall, Home of the collapsing toilet! (The earth privy of the castle is falling into the moat due to rabbits undermining it.)
No my Xantia is dead, scraped, it would have been a major job doing all the pipework. A great shame because it was truly comfortable. I now have a Venga having just traded in a Ceed for it due to arthritis. (the Venga is taller and easier to get in and out of like small C4 Picasso)

Northern Mike gets the book and clip.