flapping roof

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

flapping roof

Post by citronut »

does anyone know if it is possible to stop the full length electric sun roof flapping on an S reg Berlingo,

i drove this one to the MOT yesterday and it flaps all the time whilst driving it along,

maybe not shutting tight enough???????
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Northern_Mike

Re: flapping roof

Post by Northern_Mike »

citronut wrote:does anyone know if it is possible to stop the full length electric sun roof flapping on an S reg Berlingo,

i drove this one to the MOT yesterday and it flaps all the time whilst driving it along,

I believe they all do that Sir. I looked at a couple of full-lengthers before buying the M-Space with a modutop and all of them did it at anything above about 35mph.

I'm not sure if there is a way of adjusting it... ask over on the other place, they might know.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

citronut wrote:does anyone know if it is possible to stop the full length electric sun roof flapping on an S reg Berlingo,

Shrink Wrap the car ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

No experience of Berlingo specifically but you sometimes find that opening a rear window a little will stop all sorts of sunroof booming and flapping. But, the open window gives some road and wind noise so you have to choose the lesser of two evils.

I wonder what would happen if you turned the heater off altogether as a trial. The volume of air coming into a car can be significant and may be a contributory item. But, as with an open rear window, you can't really drive around with the heater off all the time.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini