berlingo 1.8

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alanbb
New User

berlingo 1.8

Post by alanbb »

Hi and greetings to all my first post. I have the fortune or possible misfortune to own a berlingo x reg 2000 1.8 petrol.
Has given me a headache since I bought the damn thing has had a habit of cutting out after the first mile or two of a journey whilst engine barely warm will restart after a while about 15 mins. RAC came out said its most likely the crank senor so had it changed day after same problem back to the garage they can,t find anything wrong with it engine won,t cut out. Has ran fine for a further two months and then oh bugger engine cuts out again after about a mile. I suspect head gasket as a creamy deposit on oil filler cap but garage says head gasket is fine. Engine does not overheat or tells you to stop no engine management light and no fault codes in the ECU. Feel like pushing the bloody thing of a cliff.
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on the subject. :cry: :cry:
citronut
My Cars:

Re: berlingo 1.8

Post by citronut »

have you looked on the DIS-LEXIA location map in the link below

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

see if there is a member on the map near to you, them pm. them to ask if they can plug there DIS-LEXIA up your Berlingo's diagnostic port,

with the mayo in the filler cap, i would run and engine flush with the old oil, then drain the oil and refill with a cheap engine oil, with another car of engine flush, then drain that and refill with the correct oil and fit a new filter,
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years