Picasso drivers side drive shaft

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

seritiku
My Cars:

Picasso drivers side drive shaft

Post by seritiku »

Hi guys long time no see but once again I have un voiture francais and so here I am to pick your brains. I have done the obligatory search of this forum for similar woes but have not found any topics that are relevant to my problem so here goes.

My vehicle is an 2003 2.0 hdi xsara picasso MPV and my problem is that after a clutch change I cannot get the off side?drivers drive-shaft to go back into the gear box diff.

I have loosened the dogbone mount and unbolted the mounting from the back of the engine block to try and give some movement on the shaft but it seems to snag every time I try to push the brake hub in order to relocate the drive shaft.

Can this drive-shaft be replaced with the engine on its mounts or must they all be loosened or even disconnected and the engine weight taken by a hoist or jack in order to get the required space to manoeuvre the rear engine mount back in to position both in the differential and also for the engine mounting dowel pin to locate once again in the engine block ?

Any advice or pointers on dealing with this headache of a job would be gratefully appreciated.

Merci et Bientot

Seri
Ma voiture est français..citroen xsara picasso 2003 2.0 Hdi MPV
Ma autre voiture est...skoda fabia 1.4 MPI
Ma moto est...yamaha xj600
flying clutchman
My Cars:

Re: Picasso drivers side drive shaft

Post by flying clutchman »

You shouldn't have to loosen anything. The only thing I would say is put the n/s driveshaft in first and select a gear. That will line the diff up firmly. Then jiggle the shaft a bit and it will go in. Once you engage the spline it should tap in