ZX Wiring Question(s)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

ZX Wiring Question(s)

Post by rossnunn »

Hi all,
Just taken out the Standard Radio out of my new ZX (to replace it with my Kenny unit) when I found, to my horror, that some 'gimp' has cut-off the ISO plug then reattaced some of it. Leaving the main live feed & 4 green wires (out of Eight) bare inside the car. Being an akward git that I am I want to replace that bit of loom rather than repair it. Does anyone know if just plugs into the main loom behind the dash or is it a dash out jobbie to replace the hole main loom[xx(]??
Also I have noticed that there is no rear speakers, or from what I can feel no plugs or wires going to the holes, so what are the 4 spare wires for?? And where do they go??
Thanks
Ross [:o)]
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

use a test lamp/multimeter to check them- you should have an earth,constant live,ignition live & a sidelamp live feed.
usually the speaker wiring is allready there,maybe the last person cut these wires off to run their own speakers & wires.
im pretty sure the radio wiring is part of the main dash harness.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Ok thanks, looks like a dash out job then humdum.
What I mean about the cut grren wires is that they ahve been cut off the ISO plug but both ends are still there. one end attaches to the ISO plug the other dissapers into the dash - presumably off the the rear speakers, but there are not plugs or wiring that i can see / fell in the rear quater panels?!?
I can get the tracer colour of each cut wire if anybody can then do a match for me.
Thanks
Ross
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

do you want to know which speaker wire goes to which pin on the ISO plug ?
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

erm yeh that would do. Thanks
Ross
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

i dont know what the pin numbers are but if you are looking at the plug with the pins facing you & the locking tab to the right then the wires are (from left to right) are- l/h/r ,l/h/f ,r/h/f ,r/h/r. top & bottom rows are the same order although top is the positive,bottom is negatives.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

thanks mate i'll check them tomorrow.....
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for my ZX? the one in the haynes maunal is crap.
Thanks
R