Need help to identify this C5 part

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Napoleon
My Cars:

Need help to identify this C5 part

Post by Napoleon »

It's one of those odd (to me) covers that are located in the ceiling of the car, it looks like you'd be able to hook something into it or whatever - I don't know really what they are for. There are four in total.

This one has had the cover ripped off it by some interfering little **d, and I'd like to replace it.

Anyone know what it's called or even how to identify it?

With thanks.

DSC08557 by Tim Redberry, on Flickr
Tim
2009 HV09 C5 2.2
1996 N679 Xantia TD VSX estate - sold August 2012
1995 M289 Xantia TD SX hatch - sold March 2012

Tarte au Citroen

2009 24" iMac 3.06GHZ
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: Need help to identify this C5 part

Post by qprdude »

Could it be the hook for a window blind? Are they above the rear windows?

Can't see them on my X7 saloon. Anything to do with cargo nets?
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Tim

I presume it's a tourer? Looks like item 5 in the pic below - in which case Citroen will relieve you of only £2.42! If it's not that, then let me know where abouts it is in the roof and I'll see if I can find it. No idea what it is for mind you!!

Richard W
Napoleon
My Cars:

Post by Napoleon »

Yes, looks like it's no.5 in that diagram. It is the tourer, btw.

'Box bracket'? I wonder what that is?
Tim
2009 HV09 C5 2.2

Tarte au Citroen

2009 24" iMac 3.06GHZ
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i would think the 'Box bracket is part of the head lining fixing to the main roof panel, although i can only see 3 No. 5's
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Is it the cover over the cargo net/dog guard clips...I have the net fitted in my C5 and it can be raised in normal seat layout or Estate layout....it is a really very reassuring thing to have in the UP position when carrying stuff in the boot space.

Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Napoleon
My Cars:

Post by Napoleon »

No, they are definitely not the cargo net holder.

Although the diagram above shows three, there are four, basically at mid points on top of all the doors.
Tim
2009 HV09 C5 2.2

Tarte au Citroen

2009 24" iMac 3.06GHZ
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

The diagram shows 3 but the legend shows 4
The only thing I have above my doors are four grab handles. Could they be some kind of strengthening brackets for these?
Rick.

vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

This looks to me like the roof anchor point for the child seats, if they're locked on the back seats (they are to the back of the Tourer), to have a vertical attachment point as well ... I'm away on a business trip, so I can't take photos of the car to show you what I mean
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

The front seat vertical tether point for child seat is on the inside track of the seat adjuster. The belt goes over the seat between the back and the headrest, then down to the floor anchor fixed to the seat rail. The rear ones are immediately behind each seat on the saloon, behind the head rests. The rears would obviously be different on the Tourer. To be honest, they look far more robust than the plastic bracket shown in the original post.
Cant see why the front especially would be different on the tourer. Worth a look though, as they must be for something.

Edit. On looking at the diagram again, the three child seat anchor points are shown as number 3, and there are only three shown because the front one is on the floor. (could that be right?). They are shown along the rear of the roof, nowhere near the midpoint of the doors.

None at the front, just the rear doors and tourer window so my guess is some sort of strengthener for the longer heavier roof insulation and lining. 8-[

Take them all off, plus Number "8" in the centre. If the roof falls down , you will know. :wink:
Rick.

mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

The ones in the boot nearer the tailgate are indeed for a isofix child seat. The ones above the seat and further forward are for the luggage guard that attaches to the back of the seat unrolls and hooks into the ceiling mounts. and looks like a bazooka when removed.
I used to have one for the previous gens of c5 to stop luggage flying through and it was great.
But Internet new c5 we need the third anchor point for the child seat. Plus they are expensive to buy.
I dont think the front passenger third isofix point is in my manual I found it by accident.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
Napoleon
My Cars:

Post by Napoleon »

Blimey, you lot, this is far more complex than I imagined it would be.

Here's a view rearwards showing the 'big' anchors at the very rear over the boot area, plus two of these odd, loosely-named, 'anchor points':

DSC08563 by Tim Redberry, on Flickr

Ok, so here's the near side of the ceiling of the car from the driver's seat, showing the missing part that features in my first photo:

DSC08561 by Tim Redberry, on Flickr

And this is what's inside that plastic cover... a 'funny' shaped hole in metal, I think, that certainly looks like an anchor point...

DSC08562 by Tim Redberry, on Flickr

So you think that this is some sort anchor for a child seat?

Two things here: I need to know how to get a replacement part for the damaged one, plus actually find out what this thing, or all four of them, are for.

TIA

Tim
Tim
2009 HV09 C5 2.2

Tarte au Citroen

2009 24" iMac 3.06GHZ
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

The two right at the back look like the sliding covers for the child seat anchors right enough, but why only two? That funny shaped hole is an anchor for something definitely. Looks like you fit something with a large head into the upper part and slide it into the lower, smaller hole.
Are there small steel "U" shaped brackets under those covers at the back?
Also, could you look in the rear passenger footwell and see if there is a child seat anchor fixed to the end of the passenger seat slide rail. It's a little tag thing with stamped fitting instructions.
Rick.

bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

Presumably, the one with the missing cover is for the 'luggage guard' when the rear seats are folded up/forward and you want to install the luggage guard in its front-most location - as opposed the rear location ?
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Yep, I reckon Mooseshaver and Bobbins(and me and stickyfinger earlier) have cracked it ( no pun intended) and the plastic bit is just a pull off cover as you said.

The front child seat anchor is here.......

Don't know why you have only two at the rear but the covers should look like this....I think, or similar.

Image.....
Rick.