Are Citroen plastics repairable?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Are Citroen plastics repairable?

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Do give Paul (citroenxm) a call. He may have the bits you need, he doesn't charge stupid prices, he knows what he is talking about, and he know how to package bits for postage (when I got a replacement door trim I also got a plank of wood to the same length!). I have bought bits from him in the past, and will do in the future.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Yes save that Xantia Sparksie, and stick to your guns when it comes to dealing with Insurance companies
it will be a classic soon and the value can only go up after that.
regards.
Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

HI Guys

Thanks for all the support.
NCT man found a few things I hoped he'd miss, but no.
Front suspension "wishbone" bushings are a bit softer than they should strictly be and there's some visible soot at a seam on the exhaust back box, which must obviously indicate a leak, though it doesn't seem to be leaking any time I'm under there.
I also had to fit the spare wheel, late last night, only to discover it was a winter tyre, so that's another fail.
Ordered all new bushings, got a tyre and fitted it, got a tail light from a 2003 Xantia that's just arrived in the scrappy and now I'm back licking my wounds.
Still no mirror, though the PU glue and screw bodge has passed the test for now.
All in, not a terrible list and the soft bushings may be a contributory factor in the early onset understeer the car seems to suffer from.
Glad I don't have to kill another car to get the bits for mine :)
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

A 2003 Xantia? Wow, that may have been the last one sold in Europe! The latest I have heard of was a 52 plate. IIRC the C5 was launched in 2001, Y plate.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:Yes save that Xantia Sparksie, and stick to your guns when it comes to dealing with Insurance companies
it will be a classic soon and the value can only go up after that.
regards.
Nigel.
Oh?
I'm grooming my '85 Volvo for its "Classic Status Birthday" next year. Cit has another 16 years, as the law currently stands, before she'll qualify!
Some clubs accept cars as young as 25yrs as classics, which apparently helps reduce the insurance premium, but that's of no relevance to me.
I pay through the nose for trade insurance, but it does cover the Volvo, or anything else up to 12 Tonnes that tickles my fancy!
There must be different criteria for labelling a car as "classic" over there, which makes me wonder if there might be a way to exploit the banger market and ship the "classics" to the UK for a profit...
My Cit is at an age where insurance is practically unobtainable for any new owner, which doesn't help her residual value.
She'll hover around the €400 mark for the next decade, or so, before starting to creep upwards, assuming I keep on top of the repairs.
Her biggest threat now, apart from yobs or accidental damge, is the paper thin and bubbly nsr wing, which I hope I'll have time to sort out in the warm weather, whenever that arrives.
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD