Bought Citroen Ami Super last night!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: Bought Citroen Ami Super last night!

Post by Northern_Mike »

chrisjvm wrote:Well gents .... Suffice to say.... I hired a trailer,drove up to Chorley and came back without it...
I could say a lot about it and the vendor... but I wont!
So I am now not the proud owner of a Citroen Ami Super... Though I do own a Peter Russek pocket mechanic book for said vehicle which I purchased on EBay this week :-D
Chris, is it this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-AMI-S ... 4ad221b4de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If so, I think you are obliged to defend yourself and tell us more about the seller!!
John Plum
My Cars:

Post by John Plum »

You can go for it again if you have a change of heart:

"DUE TO AN UTTER TIME WASTER/TYRE KICKER THIS CAR IS UP ONCE AGAIN FOR SALE"

Sent from a mobile transmitter.
John Plum
Xantia II Estate,1999, 2.0 HDI LX, 17000 miles, manual
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I can only guess that the seller is referring to Chrisvjm with his comment, hence I asked Chris for his half of the story. I doubt anyone would go to the cost of hiring a trailer and going up to Chorley, then not completing the sale unless the car has serious faults , rot, or it's respray is a cheap one and it's full of filler..
John Plum
My Cars:

Bought Citroen Ami Super last night!

Post by John Plum »

Seeing that written on the link, i posted it - my idea of a joke! Pretty sure it's gotta be a poor example for the reasons you say Mike.

John Plum
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

Well, after looking at the pictures accompanying that listing, I don't think I'd be buying it, even if I was a fan!
Those panel gaps are ridiculous. Worse than the worst BLMC ancestors could ever produce.
I'd be astonished if the car is the same length it was when it left the factory, or even the same length on both sides!
The shiniest paint won't make up for that!
The shocking thing is the neck the guy has, offering it in that condition with no mention of it, allowing someone to go to such expense and bother, then attacking them when they turn out not to be a stupid as expected!
I wonder would he have had the decency to warn Chrisvjm about it before he trailered it away, had he been fool enough to go ahead :evil:
A good lesson there for everyone... Never, ever, buy a vehicle in which you plan to carry yourself and your loved ones, without first inspecting it yourself, or getting someone trustworthy (and appropriately skilled!!!) to do it for you!
The only exception to this is when you intend to do a full restoration before driving it and, even then, only do it if you're ok with being disappointed!
It's a strange thing, but even your best friend can sell you a pup without batting an eye!
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
John Plum
My Cars:

Post by John Plum »

They lie. They cover up. They Don't like you to look too closely, if it was a view after eBay bid. You knock them down cos they fail to mention something they damn well knew about, and they look troubled.

John Plum
John Plum
My Cars:

Post by John Plum »

(But not always!)
(:-

John Plum