Citroen XM a future classic?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

ignoring the rantings of "Jezza" and his mates who have more dosh than sense and dont have to live with their recommendations for more than a couple of months, witness VBH's obsession with Alfas, great drivers cars but you can't leave them out in the rain.
The XM will very possibly become a classic what ever that means. If it means increasing values then you better be prepared for a long wait. Until recently my garage was stuffed with cars and bikes that were "going to be worth a fortune" DS, CX, GS, 2CV, Triumph T150V, BSA 500 A7 etc etc. Over the years they have all been disposed of for a lot less than the "fortune" they were going to be worth, despite me holding on to some of them for 20years plus. Having said that I saw a DS on Autotrader a few weeks ago for ?34K yes thousand, fully restored and it was only a super 5 as I recall, did they get that price? how much did they spend? I suspect the only Cit to make big money has been the Tractions in one guise or another
If you like XMs, and why not it's a fine car then buy one, use it, enjoy it, but if you want an investment you might be better off with a tenner on the 2.30 at Kempton
Pete
________
Free gift card
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:44, edited 1 time in total.