C4 Grand Picasso EGS Gear selection problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wheeler
My Cars:

Re: C4 Grand Picasso EGS Gear selection problems

Post by wheeler »

Just be aware that the sensodrive system fitted to the C2 & C3 is a bit different to the EGS system on the C4's, mainly the clutch actuator is hydraulically operated whereas the earlier sensodrive system is electrically operated. Replacement of the EGS clutch actuator requires the system to be depressurised before removal then re pressurised with Lexia when the new one is fitted.
macster

Post by macster »

thank you
do you have the procedure in writing/diagrams that i can follow please?
or know where i can find it?
daibill
New User
My Cars: Citroen C4 GP

Post by daibill »

Hi,
Does anyone have any further info on this as our C4GP has lost the ability to select gears and has the p1755 permanent error on Diagbox? If I need an actuator does anyone have a link to the part and a procedure to change it please?

Many Thanks.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Welcome along!

Unfortunately these things are a 'mare when they go wrong, and it's probably a less than evens chance you can fix it. You really need to do a bit more digging with diagbox to see what the live data is saying about the clutch position etc. It is possible that the clutch is knackered, and this is causing the problem. However, changing the clutch may not fix it as sometimes they just refuse to play ball anymore. The clutch actuator is concentric with the input shaft so requires removal of the 'box anyway....
Richard W