Wing mirrors and window fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Phil16v
My Cars:

Wing mirrors and window fault

Post by Phil16v »

Does anybody know why my 2001 2.2 C5 exclusive's wing mirrors might have stopped retracting when I lock the car? Is there an incantation that causes this? The driver's door window only goes up 50mm for each biutton press too, and I think both started happening at the same time. The mirrors still work properly if I use the controls on the driver's door.
Citroen C5 exclusive tourer 2010 (160hp diesel)
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: Wing mirrors and window fault

Post by qprdude »

Fuses?

You might want to try a BSI reset. Costs nothing and resets the defaults. See the thread link below.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 11&t=40407" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Phil16v
My Cars:

Post by Phil16v »

Thanks Rick. I managed to get hold of a proper owner's manual, and discovered that the folding mirrors can be disabled by a long press on the button. I must have done so without realising at some point. The manual also said to re-enable you press again. I tried it with the engine running, everything off, ignition on but engine not running, and eventually it started working again, altnough I got so confused by it I'm not sure which compination actually worked. The windows were also fixed by holding the window button down. Maybe the battery is on its way out? I will watch for other strange occurrences before splashing out on another one.
Citroen C5 exclusive tourer 2010 (160hp diesel)
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Glad you got it sorted out. Yes, a failing battery can cause all sorts of problems but at £100+ for a replacement, you need to be sure it's going to cure everything.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.