c5 suspention serious fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pete-c5
My Cars:

c5 suspention serious fault

Post by pete-c5 »

Hi Guys,
Serious suspension fault flashing on dash, trying to fill the reservoir but it is hissing when l try to remove the cap, do l need to depressurise the system before removing cap or is this a vacum or pressure build up in the container that will sort its self out, if so how? It also says consult main dealer on the cap and in the hand book, any reason for this

thanks pete
l love Citroens
2001 C5 2.2hdi sx Estate
2008 C5 2lt hdi Tourer (estate)
Northern_Mike

Re: c5 suspention serious fault

Post by Northern_Mike »

Where are you Pete and what model b is it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

There are several threads relating to suspension problems that may help you:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=27078" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not directly related but some peripheral information that could be useful:
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 5&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=45727" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=39666" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=41539" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jeff
My Cars:

Post by Jeff »

If the fluid level is low take the cap off and top up but is there a leak some where?

You could top up and keep an eye on the level but have a look under the front wheel arches too, there are flexible rubber return pipes in the top of the arch, see if there's fluid loss there as one of the pipes may have developed a split...
Currently driving Citroen c5 2.0 HDI 51 Plate
pete-c5
My Cars:

Post by pete-c5 »

thanks Jeff, yes have found a leak under the front near the bottom of the radiator near side, will have to fix that as well

Mike South lincolnshire nr Boston !!

have looked at several threds related to this and done the battery disconnect in the sequence advised but still no joy the pump just doesnt seem to want to work even when I press the switch in the boot to raise it, showing my ignorance, where is the pump situated on the car.
Going to try the battery disconnect again to morrow if its fine, bloody raining all day today

thanks any way feel free to come up with any other ideas p l e a s e !!!
l love Citroens
2001 C5 2.2hdi sx Estate
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

The pump is under the LDS reservoir on the left of the engine bay, under the black cover and behind the washer reservoir filler.
pete-c5
My Cars:

Post by pete-c5 »

Northern_Mike wrote:Where are you Pete and what model b is it?
model b ?????
l love Citroens
2001 C5 2.2hdi sx Estate
colin machin
My Cars: citroen c5 2007 and 2002 c5 hdi

Post by colin machin »

hi you have not said the year of your car if your pump is not working at all you must check all your fuses depending on the year ie 2002 !!!!! one fuse is in the glove compartment no 23 one fuse is under the bonnet no 3 the mane fuse is 40 amp and that is under the fuse carrier under the bonnet a picture of this fuse is in a thread put on by myglaren and is a must to show where the fuse is or you just wont find it .it happened to me last week and it was the two fuses no 23 and the 40 amp one good luck
C5 2007 HDI
pete-c5
My Cars:

Post by pete-c5 »

Hi Colin,

Its 2001 2.2hdi sx estate, have tried all the fuses and all ok, it’s just a mystery at the moment, going to try and test for 12 volts at the pump motor tomorrow, only problem I’ve just had an operation on my hand to straighten my fingers out so it’s very difficult to work on it, but will try. have contacted a member near to me with a Lexia, but no reply as yet, l do think connecting to a Lexia is the way forward but a bit expensive to buy

regards Pete
l love Citroens
2001 C5 2.2hdi sx Estate
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

To re-iterate Colin's advice, and to double-check, have you checked the 'hidden' fuses under the main fuse block?
I only ask because I imagine it's a bit difficult to access with your hand problem, which makes me wonder...
pete-c5
My Cars:

Post by pete-c5 »

Hi yes, l`m sure l got the right ones my son lifted it up, it is the fuse plate that has 2 clips and lifts up to revel several fuses in the front side ..yes ?
l love Citroens
2001 C5 2.2hdi sx Estate
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

That's the one!
Could be corrosion within the motor, then, as noted in other threads :cry:
pete-c5
My Cars:

Post by pete-c5 »

It is very puzzling, l would have thought that any corrosion in the motor would blow fuses, not sure how the ECU reads the motor, but its getting my money is on the motor, l have looked at other threads and can see how it comes off so may be remove it and strip and clean, was going to try and see if it had 12 volts to it but my bloody hand wont let me. any way thanks for that some thing to check, l have actually found some one with a diagnostic tester who is willing to come to my house and plug in to see what faults are showing, and l understand he can even clear faults so we might get some where, have to wait until Saturday morning now
l love Citroens
2001 C5 2.2hdi sx Estate
colin machin
My Cars: citroen c5 2007 and 2002 c5 hdi

Post by colin machin »

hi if you do decide to take your pump of make sure that you put the suspension in lower if you dont there will be a lot of oil loss also if you dont lower the suspension the two small oil pipes at the bottom of the pump 11 mm spanner size will be under pressure and will feel tight all the way out and could damage the threads .the jobs easy to do but do get a large container to catch the oil that you will spill under the car .i did remove my own pump and striped the motor and refitted it two days ago but it lasted a couple of days and started to blow the fuses again so i replaced it ya-ester day .now i used one from the scrapyard and fitted it as a com pleat unit using the moter and the pump and it works no problem £85 and 3 hours to do it do make sure you check all 3 fuses ie no 23 in glove compart ment no 3 under bonnet and the 40 amp under the fuse carrier there are two connections on the pump one as you have already said is the Maine 12volt feed to the pump and a small single connection above that ( the larger of the two conections is feed from the 40 amp fuse the small single one i think is feed from fuse 23 ) as ive said a complete pump from another vehicle will work .good luck with it .
)
C5 2007 HDI
pete-c5
My Cars:

Post by pete-c5 »

Thanks Colin,

got all you say in mind, the only problem at the moment is that the car wont go up or down, it has some movement in the suspension, but is sort of between bottom and normal, as l said l have a guy coming Saturday with a diagnostic tool, so will see if that helps we may be able to activate the valves and let it down, just don`t know and with my hand out, l am screaming and climbing the wall, l just hate sitting by and watching and cant do any thing Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
l love Citroens
2001 C5 2.2hdi sx Estate