engine cutting out while driving

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thething84

engine cutting out while driving

Post by thething84 »

Hey guys.

Well new problem has arrisen with my 2002 xsara picasso 1.8. Driving it the other day doing about 40 -50 mph and the engine just dies on me. No repsonse at all. Pull over and try restart it, it starts be dies again instantly. Did this couple of time and nothing. Pull battery and reconnect. It starts runs fine and doesnt do it again.

Today start it get round the corner and it cuts out again. Exactly same as before, get itmstartednand carry on. Get ten minutes up road doesmthe same. This time I unplugg map as fittedna new one about a week ago. Doesnt cut out again. Im not doing long journys. About 10 mile round trip to pick uo son from childminder. is it possible itz the map sensor is faulty and would cause the problem. I have also changed fuel filter recently couple of weeks ago. It has been suggested could be camshaft position sensor. I am in process of buying one new car I dont really want to have to buy another. I am getting no engine managment light up on dash.

Any help muchly appr3ciated.

James
thething84

Re: engine cutting out while driving

Post by thething84 »

Anyone near newmarket with a lexia system willing to plug in and check live data???
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Check the map and contact your closest Lexia owner.
thething84

Post by thething84 »

Thanks for that. So do people in could be camshaft positiong, crank angle or would a faulty map cause my problem.