Interior drivers side door handle

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kettlesimon

Interior drivers side door handle

Post by kettlesimon »

Bit of a problem today was getting out of the car and trying to open the door with the silver handle and it snapped off in my hand. So at the moment i have to put the window down to get out, by using the outside handle. Looked on EBAY and there are replacement items at @ £25 new, or less from breakers yards. Anyone else had this problem and what are the obvious problems with fitting a replacement one. Is this something that i can do, or is it a garage job. All feedback gratefully received.

Forgot to say its a 2004 C5 2.0HDi
2004 C5 Estate 2.0 HDi
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Interior drivers side door handle

Post by myglaren »

It is fairly common and there are a couple of members who have experienced it. Not me though, although it did happen to my estate after I had passed it on :twisted:

I'm sure someone with concrete advice will be along soon.
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

I guess this is a mk1, if so I believe its a door card off job and you may want to get some of these clips and you will break some.
Door card comes off quite easy, if you need help I can give instructions.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10X-CITROEN-I ... 1c38153b9e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.
wellad
My Cars:

Post by wellad »

It's a handy job to remove the door card, maybe an hour in total for the job if you take your time. I'm sure the experts could do it in 10 minutes, it's very straight forward. The handle is held on with one bolt, and the bar going to the lock. A rear handle will fit the front, by shaving a small bit off the clips at the rear, and the rears are usually a few £ cheaper on ebay. Structurally they're the same front and rear, and the bolt makes the clips unnecessary. As above, stock up on the clips beforehand, they're pretty much single use.
2003 Citroen C5 2.0 HDI 110