throttle cable adjustment C5 estate??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

throttle cable adjustment C5 estate??

Post by deano1970 »

ok,
pedal is a bit low to the floor, still driving ok, on my last C5 I had the same problem, user oneday came up last time and did it for me,but I stupidly didn't look how he did it,I have taken the air filter box out and thought it may be self explanatory, not to this idiot...can anybody please if poss with pictures, show me/tell me what I have to adjust to get the pedal back up? I have found the post from oneday describing how to do it,but I still can't see what i'm supposed to be adjusting once I get the air filter box out? thanks........car is a 52 plate C5 exclusive estate 2.2 hdi,thanks.......
C5 X7
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: throttle cable adjustment C5 estate??

Post by RichardW »

It may not have a cable.... serice.citroen shows both types, so check first at the pedal that there is cable connected, and it's not just an electronic unit. Assuming that it does have a cable, then you are looking for the end of the cable which will have a serrated black plastic tube on it with a spring clip round it (clipped into one of the serrations). To see if it needs adjusting, gently pull the black tube back, and see if it will move withouth moving without the throttle pot - if it will, then lever off the spring clip, pull the tube back, and re-insert the spring at the relevant point to minimise slack in the system.
Richard W
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Picture with the airbox out please deano.
deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

Post by deano1970 »

ok, have to wait until sunday now,my next day off.....should have done that first time i took it out eh?? i'll post it sunday if you're about( weather permitting) cheers
C5 X7