HEATER BLOWER NOT WORKING

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ANDYWARNE

HEATER BLOWER NOT WORKING

Post by ANDYWARNE »

Hi Guys,
New to this forum so please bear with me. Recently purchased a C5 2.0 hdi 2002 SX (car reg EF52CLJ) this is possibly old ground but wondered if anyone knows the spare part numbers for the heater blower motor resistor and also the heater blower motor.
It recently packed up, no heat at all, I did hear the blower making a clicking noise just before it went completely dead.
I did hear that the problem is more likely to be a faulty resistor pack. I've looked on ebay for a replacement but they vary in prices dramatically from about £20 up to £150+.
Any comments would be most welcome
Many thanks, Andy
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: HEATER BLOWER NOT WORKING

Post by Peter.N. »

There are plenty of C5s being scrapped and parts are generally fairly cheap, if you don't have a local scrappy have a look on ebay.

Peter
ANDYWARNE

Post by ANDYWARNE »

Thanks Peter,
You wouldn't know the spare part numbers that I need to look for for the resistor pack and the heater motor?, ebay is a bit of a minefield, bit of a dumbo when it comes to cars. In central london so not even tried looking for a local scrappy yet.
Cheers, Andy
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Never had to replace one on the C5 Andy - yet, but the XM blowers have a transistor regulator and I would think the C5 is the same.

This looks like the one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Heater-ac ... 3a7b4ad2b0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Peter
ANDYWARNE

Post by ANDYWARNE »

Cheers for that Peter, I'll give it a shot, I've got a c5 Haynes manual so fingers crossed it will do the trick.

Many many thanks again, Andy