C5 (2009) Pavement Lighting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: C5 (2009) Pavement Lighting

Post by qprdude »

see5. The DRL will be fitted I think. On some cars, they are enabled through the menu by pressing the top left rotary wheel in the steering wheel control buttons, (as you have obviously done) The menu should show "vehicle perameters, Comfort and Lighting as sub menues. I'm assuming that you have then scrolled to, highlighted and pressed the "Lighting" . If Daytime running lights is not on the next sub menu, you will have to have it enabled by a Lexia session. I'm sure some members have already had to do this. I'm almost 100% sure that the lights are pre-fitted and that some cars , maybe the Exclusives< have the feature enabled as standard. Some of the used VTR's may have had the feature enabled by a previous owner. There is definitely a thread on the forum about enabling the DRL via a Lexia session. ( they are front lights only as far as I am aware)
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
see5

Post by see5 »

vborovic wrote:I remember seeing a discussion about DRLs on this forum some time ago, where it was indicated that some models (Ireland I think) that were before year 2010, didn't have DRLs in the main menu (behind steering wheel) ... for starters, you could check and see whether there are bulbs in the DRL sockets in your headlamps. I haven't yet found that a C5 X7 didn't have DRLs (newer models of course have LEDs) ...

Mmmm, interesting. I will check whether there are bulbs in DRL sockets when daylight comes around again. Thanks

and..Cheers qprdude ... I did search for any existing thread on this board about DRLs but didn't come up with anything...will try again. Still wonder whether lack of DRLs should effect operation of Pavement Lighting :?
Citroen C5 VTR+ Nav (2009) 1997cc Black
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

When I bought my car, the DRL's were on the lighting menu, but not enabled. The pavement lights worked OK before I enabled DRL.
Rick.

qprdude

Post by qprdude »

If they are not there, I'll eat my hat!

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ts#p382285" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rick.

bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

Erik - if you want to enable your DRLs, then you'll need a Lexia/Diagbox session, so you might want to have a look at the Lexia locations thread to find your nearest one:
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; whereabouts in the country/world are you ?
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
see5

Post by see5 »

qprdude wrote:If they are not there, I'll eat my hat!

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ts#p382285" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for this link qprdude (wonder why I couldn't find that post when I searched? - I must do better) & your previous post ...so, in terms of DRLs it looks like it's a case of having the option enabled in the menu with a Lexia....but if your Pavement Lighting (PL) was functional without DRL being enabled it would seem that something else is causing PL not to work (unless, of course, someone has somehow had that turned off too :) )

PS: Hope you don't have to eat your hat :roll:
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

see5 wrote:

Thanks for this link qprdude (wonder why I couldn't find that post when I searched? - I must do better) & your previous post ...so, in terms of DRLs it looks like it's a case of having the option enabled in the menu with a Lexia....but if your Pavement Lighting (PL) was functional without DRL being enabled it would seem that something else is causing PL not to work (unless, of course, someone has somehow had that turned off too :) )

Yes, me too mate, it's a bloody great brown Fedora. I might buy a small beret just in case!
I think a lexia session is needed for the DRL's. The pavement lights could just be bulbs. Any water in there? Can it get in ? I know the window mechanism is prone to corroding with water ingress, don't know if it would affect the pavement lights though. You could have a look at the list of Lexia owners and see if there is someone local to you. They are usually quite decent chaps and very helpful for the price of a pint or sometimes a large brandy!

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rick.

qprdude

Post by qprdude »

http://www.autologic-diagnostics.com/me ... f_v3.0.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know slightly less than nothing about dignostics, but surfing the net (as you do when SWIMBO is watching yet another reality show on telly) I came across the above site on a PDF file. I have no idea which version of lexia software is required for the X7 cars, and I believe the new stuff is called "diagbox" but I stand ready to be corrected, but interestingly, page 105 (C5 2007>) mentions "Activate Components" in column 3
Rick.

vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

The easiest way to check if the DRLs work is not to wait for the daylight to hit the photo sensor, but to put the light selector to 0 (off), the engine has to be running, and the DRLs will light up (if they're installed in the headlamps, and activated in the menu, hidden or otherwise) ... funny enough, I've know a few people who tested their DRLs on their cars by daylight only, and were certain that by night there is no way to get them work ... so, just saying ... :D ... in case the DRLs are blown, the genuine Citroen's spares are around 25-30 quid, in which case I'd rather go for a LED solution ...
see5

Post by see5 »

qprdude wrote:
see5 wrote:

Yes, me too mate, it's a bloody great brown Fedora. I might buy a small beret just in case!
I think a lexia session is needed for the DRL's. The pavement lights could just be bulbs. Any water in there? Can it get in ? I know the window mechanism is prone to corroding with water ingress, don't know if it would affect the pavement lights though. You could have a look at the list of Lexia owners and see if there is someone local to you. They are usually quite decent chaps and very helpful for the price of a pint or sometimes a large brandy!

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well the good news qprdude is that you can keep your Fedora....DRLs clearly visible and look pristine ... so will be booking a Lexia session :wink:
In terms of the pavement lights, the fitments in the door that contain the bulbs are extremely clean, dry and not corroded whatsoever (nice shiny contacts etc) so may ask a friendly aotosparks to take a look. Couldn't find a Lexia owner nearby [Wigan] .Pity, I'd have been quite happy to buy them a pint and a large brandy!. Thanks again to everyone who has responded...what a nice community this is.