C5 (2009) Pavement Lighting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

see5

C5 (2009) Pavement Lighting

Post by see5 »

Pavement lighting is not functioning with door open. I have changed the bulb (most obvious cause I thought) with no joy. There does not seem to be a specific fuse for these lights. Footwell and other interior lights work ok. Anyone got any ideas?
Citroen C5 VTR+ Nav (2009) 1997cc Black
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: C5 (2009) Pavement Lighting

Post by vborovic »

The pavement lighting doesn't work on the both front doors, or just on one?

EDIT: Forgot to add, there are specific fuses for the door lighting, Fusebox C, F5, 30A: Front window - Sun roof - Passenger door lighting - Passenger rear view mirror adjustment ...
see5

Post by see5 »

Hi, Thanks for the reply vborovic. It's BOTH doors that pavement lighting does not work. I will take a look at that fuse but the front, electric widows (drivers & passengers) operate fine.

Edit: Just noticed that that fuse also covers Passenger Rear View Mirror Adjustment (presume that means Door Mirror adjustment?) which also works fine. Can someone confirm that it does not need to be dark for the pavement lights to operate?

Erik
Last edited by see5 on 04 Feb 2014, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Simple question. Have they ever worked? Sometimes things like this have to be enabled with the menu system, and might (only might) need to be activated with a Lexia system.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
see5

Post by see5 »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:Simple question. Have they ever worked? Sometimes things like this have to be enabled with the menu system, and might (only might) need to be activated with a Lexia system.
Simple answer is that I don't know whether they have ever worked Hell Razor :? :? Only acquired the vehicle 2 weeks ago (2 previous owners) and didn't realise this feature existed until the last few days when I read through the manual (my previous 2004 plate C5 did not have pavement lighting) :)

Regards
Erik
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Then I would go through the menu system to see what you can find. I cannot help further, as I have no C5 knowledge.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Of other things that come to mind, there is a possibility that the wires for the pavement lighting are somehow broken in the door (highly unlikely), maybe there is an option to turn the specific lights off with the Lexia (not sure) ... the thing I would check first is if the door has electricity (do the electrical mirrors work, the electrical windows), it could give a hint where the problem lies ... if you've only tried with another bulb (W5W), does that bulb work properly on other power sources (I've had several cases that people were testing with faulty "new" items in the first place) ...
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Just seen this thread. Don't know if they only work in the dark but I would doubt it. The pavement lights come on on all four doors along with the front and rear foot-well lights as soon as the car is unlocked (foot-well lights) and the doors opened (pavement lights)
Don't know what the VTR + Nav has as standard so it's difficult to tell.
Do you have the option to enable DRL?
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

qprdude wrote:Don't know what the VTR + Nav has as standard so it's difficult to tell.
Just ventured outside to check on my 2009 VTR+ Nav to see what the pavement lights do - and both the front ones come on when you open the doors. I've got DRLs enabled on mine. HTH.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

Pavement lights? So that's what they are called, I always called them dog-poo lights designed so you don't step in dog poo.

Anyway, my 2010 VTR+nav has them, they come on when you open the door, don't recall ever setting anything. I wonder, has the door inside been dismantled for any reason and someone left a plug disconnected? Unlikely to be both sides though. Perplexing.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

@ qpr - your exclusive has pavement lights on the rear doors as well? Didn't see that yet while going through the service documentation ... and yes, all welcome lights (ceiling, feet, pavement) come on when the car is unlocked (day, night, doesn't matter, DRL plays no part in it as well) ...
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Yes mate, more lights than a bloody Xmas tree.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I've noticed light wells in the back doors plastic, but they're not carved out (a hole), just dented in ... I'm guessing the same mold is used for the exclusive ones as well ... I guess I have another thing to check, how to add those lights to my car ... first stop, the service documentation ... :D
see5

Post by see5 »

bobins wrote:
qprdude wrote:Don't know what the VTR + Nav has as standard so it's difficult to tell.
Just ventured outside to check on my 2009 VTR+ Nav to see what the pavement lights do - and both the front ones come on when you open the doors. I've got DRLs enabled on mine. HTH.
Firstly, thanks to all for the replies. I also have the 2009 VTR+ Nav and yet I I am not presented with any option to enable DRLs (in fact I do not know whether they are fitted on my vehicle (are they standard on this model?). The manual indicates that I should be able to enable/disable DRLs/Guide Me Home Lights & Directional lights but the menu only offers Guide Me Home & Directional Lights :? The pavement lights obviously worked originally as the bulb on the drivers side was blackened from use. I doubt whether wiring inside the doors is the culprit because as Richard_C says, this would be unlikely on both sides. All other electrics on doors (windows/mirror adjustment etc work fine). The mystery remains. Guess I may have to get the main agent to advise whether things need setting with Lexia.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I remember seeing a discussion about DRLs on this forum some time ago, where it was indicated that some models (Ireland I think) that were before year 2010, didn't have DRLs in the main menu (behind steering wheel) ... for starters, you could check and see whether there are bulbs in the DRL sockets in your headlamps. I haven't yet found that a C5 X7 didn't have DRLs (newer models of course have LEDs) ...