C5 Heater Won't Provide Heat...!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hamster99

C5 Heater Won't Provide Heat...!!!

Post by hamster99 »

Hi

When I started my C5 this morning my heater wouldn't work, it flatly refused to provide any heat whatever setting I put it on. I have the dual climate controls and even when set to high it still only provided a nice blast of cold air. I have checked coolant levels and fuses and connected it up to the lexia but nothing showed as a problem. It was fine yesterday!

Any thoughts? Is there a thermostat or temperature sensor somewhere which might have failed?

Rob
15 C4 1.6 eHDI 115 Exclusive - better half's
12 RR Westminster 4.4 TDV8 - Gentleman's Club on wheels
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive - gone but not forgotten
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 VTR - crushed May 2015
Northern_Mike

Re: C5 Heater Won't Provide Heat...!!!

Post by Northern_Mike »

The flap motors strip the gears and they get "stuck" in whatever position they were last in as the motor drive just spins in the rounded hole. One side of mine does this. Could be that though I'm not sure if both would go at once.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
nilrem
My Cars: C4 Picasso 2007
Peugeot Partner Tepee 2016

Re: C5 Heater Won't Provide Heat...!!!

Post by nilrem »

I have a C4 Picasso 1.6HDI/2007 (with Climate Control)... simillar problem but, I'm only able to vary heat & airflow from windscreen vent, not the other vents. So I suspect that the servo/motor operated Flaps have stuck or the output gear has stripped. I do have the repair/modification Kit P/N 1607044080 for the servo's but am having difficulty identifying the various servo/motor locations and as most of you can agree the dashboard panels with press-stud fitting are a nightmare to fathom ( always a risk of damage)... can any one please help.