ZX paint codes??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sooty
My Cars:

ZX paint codes??

Post by sooty »

Anyone where the paint code for the ZX is placed. The only number or code I can find, is on the L/H (looking from behind the steering wheel) suspension top mount bracket with 'KQABR' painted.
Any idea what the colour is from this. Its a Met. Green type of colour with a lacquer finish. The Halfords and others do not list this colour in their charts.
Would the dealers supply aerosols of these colours, if not, who would supply them.
Sooty
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Pretty sure that's the paint code you found there.
Either your dealer or any paint/car accessory shop would have small aerosol's for repair.
They have thick books of conversion tables for the various codes used from manufacturers - converted into a range of standard colour codes.
Either way you get the paint - there may be just a slight colour offset - due to general fading of the original or due to a slight difference in the standard base colour.
There are large price differences - shop around !
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

sooty, is yours like a greeny blue metalic? If i could spell turkwise!! i would and call it that!! lol Mine is that colour - an Elation
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

Tahiti Green Metallic is the Elation colour. There was a Burgundy, Blue and the Green.
Had one of those myself...sometimes it looks blue/green...other times green/blue, tends to depend on the light.
Don't hold too much faith in the Citroen touch up pen, it came out about 5 shades darker.. I ended up with loads of dark dots where the stone chips had been.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

gjb02 - yeh tell me about it theres a few on mine!! Its gonna be one of those colours where on one MOT it'll say Blue on the next Green!
Ross
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

the 'KQABR' is the paint and trim code aswell,3 of the letters are for paint colour & 2 are for trim.cant remember which is which but i think the first 3 are paint.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

cool I'll have to have a look tomorrow.