Xsara Picasso '04 1.6HDi - Codes P1351 & P3008. Any advice?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

peter01443
My Cars:

Xsara Picasso '04 1.6HDi - Codes P1351 & P3008. Any advice?

Post by peter01443 »

I'm hoping someone can give me a definitive answer on these. With only 41.000miles on the clock, my Picasso has thrown up Engine Fault on the dash, and a diagnostic check has given two codes - P3008 which I am told is Air Flow too high, and P1351 which is a voltage fault in the glow plug circuit.

My questions are obviously the quickest and cheapest way of fixing this. For P3008, is that referring to the MAF and if so do I have to replace it or is there something wrong with it that I might be able to fix? For P1351, the garage told me that I would need to replace all glow plugs and a relay - but surely if only one plug is faulty just changing that should do the trick, shouldn't it? If so, how best to test them?

I haven't yet had a look under the bonnet (car is still in garage) - are the glow plugs and MAF easy to change?

All responses and advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Peter
Northern_Mike

Re: Xsara Picasso '04 1.6HDi - Codes P1351 & P3008. Any advi

Post by Northern_Mike »

I'd reckon you can safely ignore the glowplug reading. Every pre-06 HDi I've ever put the Lexia on has this fault. If it's working, leave it alone.

MAF is easy enough to change, not sure if the glowplugs are or not. If they're in the same place - on the front side of the engjne as the 2.0 8v it's a 10 min job to do all 4.

I bought a new, Citroen genuine set off eBay for £19.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Unfortunately not Mike - the 1.6 HDi is the other way round to the 2.0, so the exhaust is on the front, and the inlet on the back. The plugs are way over the back somewhere, no doubt buried under the firewall on a Picasso. They're also about a foot long, like to seize in the head, and then snap off when you try and remove them :) . Best left well alone - although if it's a 110 with DPF, then eventually they can cause it to stop regening, which is bad.... You could do with getting it on a lexia really so that you can see what the MAF is actually reading, but chances are it's gone belly up. New ones are dear unfortunately, as you really need to go genine OE as there are lots of (poor) cheap ones about.
Richard W
peter01443
My Cars:

Post by peter01443 »

Ok guys, thanks for those responses.

Apart from a main dealer I have no idea where I could get a Lexia reading in the Cardiff area - any ideas? But I have been advised by a Chip Mapping company that it is rare for a MAF to report a fault unless it is completely dud - is this the case?

As for the glow plugs issue, again I am afraid that the fault might be stopping the regening already. Once it warms up, it seems to be pumping out puffs of black smoke under load, although why, I don't know. I just bought this car, and as the mileage is so low (41k) I am guessing it's been used mainly for short journeys, although it drove 90 miles on A roads and Motorways at 80ish when I collected it, and it seems do drive ok.
cc101

Post by cc101 »

PM, I'm in Cardiff and have lexia.
Xantia 1.9 TD 1993 (sinker)
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

have you looked on the DIS-LEXIA location map, link below

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

have a look on the web site below for the P1351

http://www.pikit.co.uk/peugeotmt/psa%20 ... codes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or theres this site, but it suggests a different fault

this one is just about all i could find relating to P3008
scroll down the page and the result is below the red bar

http://www.datsc.com/tabid/122/OBD-Erro ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i know it says VAG but it relates to that code
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years