72,ooo service xantia 1.9td

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gordy
My Cars:

72,ooo service xantia 1.9td

Post by gordy »

Hi guys, my car is now due 72k service would like some advice on what i need to do/change for this. Car is kinda bouncy so am I best to change all the spheres (think it is the back ones that are shot) and do I change accumalator while I am at it. Do I have to change the glow plugs and leads as well? Thanks for any advice you could give.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Wot you mean by bouncy ?
- jiggly or rockhard ?
If the suspension is rockhard, the spheres are flat.
Best way to check for flat spheres is to have car in normal height - then press down each corner.
Should be easy to press down some 3-5 inches front - some 4-6 inches rear. If the suspension feels like only the tyres are giving under your pressure - then the tested spheres are definately flat.
There is no need to replace spheres "in advance" - as this is a very simple garage job.
Same goes for the glow plugs - if no starting trouble - they are doing their job well.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Gordy,
72k is timing belt time on a Xantia TD. Not too bad DIY if you are handy with the spanners. Check water pump and tensioner whilst doing it, but bith should be OK this time around. Coolant change required every 2 years - has it been done recently? LHM change every 36k, so it will be due at 72k. Oil and filter, plus air and diesel filters as usual. Might well be due a set of front discs. 72k / 8 years old is prime time for these needing a new radiator as well - they begin to leak along the bottom seams.
Richard
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Gear box oil change due at 72K.
gordy
My Cars:

Post by gordy »

thanks for advice. you are a clever lot. thanks again.