C5 Tourer X7 Fusebox B

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jpn369
My Cars:

C5 Tourer X7 Fusebox B

Post by jpn369 »

This fusebox is listed as being where one of the suspension system fuses is but I cannot locate it.
If anyone can give guidance of any other suspension system fuses are I would be very grateful.

Thanks.
osx
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: GSA X
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Re: C5 Tourer X7 Fusebox B

Post by osx »

One of the fuse boxes is in the engine (right top corner). You have to remove the black plastic cover.
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Fusebox B. Fuse G39 10 AMP
Fusebox C Fuse F13 5 AMP (lower of the two fusebanks in the glove compartment)

The hand book is not quite clear on the location of the fuseboxes, but shows A and C in the glove box. It then has a list of fuses in fusebox "B" and then another list in "under bonnet fuses" It doesn't actually say where "B" is located. I presume it's the one under the bonnet under the plastic cover(2 half turn screws)

Only two suspension fuses mentioned though, but I have a feeling there is a relay somewhere because the fuses seem a bit low in Amps for the suspension pump. Could be wrong though. You can download a PDF handbook for free, and save it on your PC for future reference.

http://info.citroen.co.uk/assets/micros ... ndbook.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
jpn369
My Cars:

Post by jpn369 »

Unfortunately this is the info I found for myself. Fuse box A has a G39 but it isn't 10 Amp. There is a third smaller fusebox in the glovebox with no reference numbers and the number of fuses doesn't match what the handbook has in its table. There is a note about MAXI fuses- are these just fuses with a higher rating ie 30 amp + ?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

The older C5 has a hidden fuse box for the Maxi fuses. In mine are the fuses for the electric seats, suspension pump etc.
It is on the lower front edge of the underbonnet fusebox.
To access it you need to disconnect some of the fusebox wiring and unclip and lift the fusebox revealing the maxi fuses.

Be very careful as it is easy to damage the fusebox causing further headaches.

Some photo's to follow when I can dig them out.
Clogzz wrote:Fuse 8, 40 Amps.

Image Image Image
jpn369
My Cars:

Post by jpn369 »

Thanks so much for the replies, I have now found that the reservoir was almost dry! So after having to pour in 3l of fluid, which was BTW Ferodo SSF which is their version of LDS, the suspension has risen again. The headache now is where did it all go?
The MAXI fuses on the later C5 don't appear to be in the same place, on another forum there was a suggestion of fuses between the battery and the wing in a red case.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Out of interest, how did you know the reservoir was nearly dry?
There is a procedure for topping up which is supposed to involve a lexia session to open valves and release pressure. Simply topping up has been tried , some with success and some with failure. Keep an eye on the suspension to see if it harder than before.
Rick.

jpn369
My Cars:

Post by jpn369 »

OK thanks for the tip I will keep an eye out.
jpn369
My Cars:

Post by jpn369 »

Sorry, the reason I am assuming the reservoir was almost dry is that I put in 1 litre of fluid and I couldn't see the surface of the fluid at all, same goes for the 2nd litre, the 3 rd litre brought the level to the bottom of the strainer filter.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Having to add so much LDS is a worry.
Is the power steering OK now? I imagine that if the pump has been starved it might have done it some damage.
jpn369
My Cars:

Post by jpn369 »

No issues with power steering, in fact no issues with anything until a warning to do with suspension system flashed up. I wondered if the power steering system was on an isolated circuit so if the suspension system leaks you don't loose steering.
Short test drive gave no evidence of hard suspension and the car has bounce on each wheel when rocked.
Is the Lexia approach more for having to bleed through the system?
jpn369
My Cars:

Post by jpn369 »

OK after reading everything I could find on the forums about c5 X7 lds level check I went on the Citroen service network to get the definitive lds level check procedure.
It is that you use the Lexia to depressurise the system and with the suspension on low you check the level.
If you bleed the system you can then go through the more mechanical approach of starting up in normal height mode, let the height stabilise, then raising the suspension to maximum, then dropping to minimum, then turning the steering to full lock in one direction then the other. Stop the engine then check the level.
I did the second procedure and I have found that I have slightly overfilled the system.
This does not overly worry me and I will do a longer drive tomorrow and see how I get on.
osx
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: GSA X
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Post by osx »

That's the only procedure I haven't tried yet ;-)

Once you have checked the level at the low position what do you do next?
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual
Jodyone

Post by Jodyone »

osx wrote:That's the only procedure I haven't tried yet ;-)

Once you have checked the level at the low position what do you do next?
On a C6 (I don't know that they're exactly the same), the level should be between these two ridges on the basket:

That's AFTER depressurising the system, in Lexia (or with a bleed screw). The difference between this and "visible at the bottom of the basket" (in a pressurised system, on low) was at least 1 litre, for me. I think people are possibly overfilling their systems- but I have no idea if it matters or not (apparently not, I suppose, because C6's and C5's don't seem to be exploding in LDS clouds everywhere..?!) Still, I guess the limits are there for a reason.
2006 C6 Exclusive, 2.7 HDi
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Probably very similar. I'm assuming the diagram is a cutaway(section).
I have a sneaky feeling that just removing the filler cap depressurises the tank, and not the system. There is possibly still pressure in the system, beyond the electro-valves, hence the need for lexia.

It would be good to know where the OP got his hydraulic fluid. I've seen 1 litre prices from £7.50 up to £16 (Total)

The handbook says no maintenance required for 5 years, so I guess it's time to have a look at mine.
Rick.