STOP lamp

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jozivic
My Cars:

STOP lamp

Post by jozivic »

After a few miles on highway STOP lamp start glowing on my Xantia 2.0i/VSX/1994/240.000 km. Then lamp turn off and turn off sporadicaly and I can hear a noise from radiator fan starting (strange, outer temperature is about 8 centigrade). The coolant level is optimal, thermostate opener is good (renewed with proper 87 c.g.). I know nothing about combi switch in case of climate in car, which is responsible for temperature control and signalisation. Have anybody the same problem? Thanks for answers[:X].
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Jozivic,
Welcome to the forum. I assume your Xantia has air conditioning? There is a control unit called a 'Bitron' unit which controls the radiator fans and the overtemperature warning light, and it (or its separate temperature sensor) is well known for breaking down. I think there is a connector somewhere too. Try searching the forum for Bitron and see what comes up - it has certainly been discussed before!
Richard
Nikolaymk

Post by Nikolaymk »

Before anything else check your engine oil level and LHM level. When these are low the stop light will come on and off from time to time. When they are critically low it will stay on.