Clutch slipping on C5 HDi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kettlesimon

Clutch slipping on C5 HDi

Post by kettlesimon »

Clutch has just started slipping on my 2004 C5 2.0 8v HDi. Happens occasionally under acceleration, but i guess it is a sign its on its way out. Two questions is there any adjustment on the pedal ? Also any ideas on approximate cost.

Forgot to say the clutch action is fine and engages gears without any horrible noises, just slips a little under hard acceleration.

Looked at Eurocarparts site and they offer replacement kits at @ £100. Any ideas on which is a good replacement option ?

Any ideas if my model has a dual mass flywheel, that would need replacing at the same tme
Last edited by kettlesimon on 12 Jan 2014, 08:48, edited 1 time in total.
2004 C5 Estate 2.0 HDi
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Clutch slipping on C5 HDi

Post by Peter.N. »

Sorry no adjustment but it will only wear when you let it slip, if you can restrain yourself to not using full throttle it could last for many thousand miles - it will also improve your fuel consumption. :-D My C5 is on nearly 200,000 miles and the clutch is still good although almost at the top of the pedal travel but it was like that when I bough it.

Peter
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Re: Clutch slipping on C5 HDi

Post by SaabC5 »

No adjustment as clutch is hydraulic. Look on carparts 4 less they are a cheaper parent company of Euro Carparts but offer better prices, if you Google "Carparts 4 Less discount code" you should be able to find a code for a further 5-10% off, i got an OE Valeo clutch for my 2.2HDi for £83, i had to get a dual mass flywheel as well which was just over £200. If you have to go the whole assembly route spend the extra £20 on the slave cylinder, you might as well get that changed while everything is out you'll kick yourself if it goes 2 months later and you need to spend more money.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink: