Engine light on 2009 1.8 vtr petrol C5 again

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

zipdip

Engine light on 2009 1.8 vtr petrol C5 again

Post by zipdip »

Hi all I posted a few months ago about a mystery engine management light coming up with the tag Depolution system faulty,well I thought it had gone away for good
but on the way over to the MOT station today it came up again :rofl2: still I turned up for the MOT and the tester said don't worry as long as it is not a AirBAG or a ESP light it is not in the test,as the car was running okay he tested it and it passed :lol: as they did not have much work on the mechanic put a tester on the car and came up with No 2 injector low voltage,he was away a long time I thought something had gone wrong but he explained that he could not find where to plug the tester in,eventually finding the plug in the centre arm rest at the front behind a plastic cover,anyway has anybody got any ideas as to what it is,I should also say that I read another posting about Economy Mode this comes up on my car when I first start the car and if I have the radio on waiting with the engine off the radio goes off after 10 mins I was going to extend this but it seems you cannot? anyway any help would be most welcome.
2009 C5 1.8 vtr+
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: Engine light on 2009 1.8 vtr petrol C5 again

Post by qprdude »

Full electrics are available for a maximum of thirty minutes, depending on how long the engine has been running. That is assuming the battery is fully charged and in good condition. If the engine has been running for 10 minutes, you will get 10 minutes before entering economy mode. It is factory set but no doubt it can be disabled somehow, just not with the menu available to the driver.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
zipdip

Re: Engine light on 2009 1.8 vtr petrol C5 again

Post by zipdip »

Thanks for that I have not had the battery tested but it starts the car up everytime,I suppose I will just have to live with it,more worried about the EML as I say car seems to run okay the only time it has missed a beat is when with the light is on and I have just left it after starting , when it comes off choke revs going from 1100 to 800 it ran lumpy for a short while,if nobody can point me in the right direction,I will take the covers off the engine and push and pull electrical connections,I will also check the levels in the battery,and maybe let Halfords test it.
2009 C5 1.8 vtr+