MAF part number query

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jotto

MAF part number query

Post by jotto »

When I opened the new MAF, I noticed the part number on the box and the part numer on the MAF was different. The new MAF also has 2 mounting holes on it so I think I probably have the wrong one.

The original was marked as follows.
Siemens
5WK9 623
PBT-GF30

The new part is marked,
Siemens
5WK9 621
PBT-GF30

On the box it says 5WK9623Z

All searches on Google leads me to believe that it is the correct part number on the box ( Not sure why there is a Z on the end of it ) However, the 5WK9621 is also a correct part????

Am I being anal wanting the 5WK9623Z I thought I had bought without the mounting tabs? It makes me wonder if somebody has done the old switcheroo taking an old sensor back. I did notice the box had 2 pieces of tape sealing it and also the serial number sticker looks dirty!!!
Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi ( 53 plate )
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: MAF part number query

Post by qprdude »

I think if you buy a brand new part, you are entitled to expect the part number on the box to be the same as the part number on the part. It could well be that the parts are the same, but why the different number on the box. Perhaps someone hasn't checked the contents of a returned part?
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.