Central locking not locking rear doors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Re: Central locking not locking rear doors

Post by sparksie »

Ho hum...
Reviving this older thread because...
I put a known good lock in the OSR door, expecting happy days, but no.
Now it locks using the central locking, but only every second attempt. Guaranteed. First time no movement, second time success.
I'm getting into the habit of going lock, unlock, lock every time I leave the car.
I can't account for it, but it's absolutely regular. If I lock and unlock the car from the inside at the start of a journey, it will lock reliably when asked, first time, at the end of the journey. It's not the wiring, because it makes the right noise, even when not working.
How can it possibly be so regular? There's no digital counter in the door, going "0! Nope!", "1! Oh, ok then!", so what can it be?
Still, this way is better than it was. At least I no longer have to climb in to the back to lock the OS door. The NS one is taken car of by the usual back seat passenger, who is delighted to have the responsibility of locking his door. I'll definitely forget it sometime when he's not with me, but that risk aside, I'm happy to live with it for now.
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

Stranger and stranger.
At some point since I last posted on this thread the locks have both started to behave themselves.
I only noticed last night, but junior says it's been doing it for ages.
I've been doing the lock-unlock-lock routine for so long now I'm going to have trouble stopping!
The really amazing thing is the NS door, which has not had a replacement lock and has been getting manually locked every time.
Might have to rechristen this car "Christine"!
I've never had a car fix itself before...
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

maybe it is the lock mechanism's need a good lubricate,

if/when all the moving parts become dry over the years they bind, the worse they get the more problems operating can be
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years