resistor pack

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

iroc

resistor pack

Post by iroc »

hi guys sorry need help with the resistor pack in my 2001 picasso 2.0 hdi can some one tell how to remove the resistor pack is it a dash out job ?? the fan is only working on fast speed and no response on 1.2.3. just 4 as this is the straight 12 volts with no resistance so thanks in advance archie
2001 Picasso 2.0 HDi 90bhp
citronut
My Cars:

Re: resistor pack

Post by citronut »

i just looked on service citroen at 2.0HDI piscasoooos, there are three part No.'s showing, if you require to correct part No. for you car, can yopu send me the last 8 digits of your chassis/VIN No.

the drawing does show the resistor is in the top of the air duct under the drivers side dash, and forward of the drivers right knee,

so it appears you need to put you hand up under the dash at this point, more or less were the air intake joins the main heater box body, and reach over the top, grab the unit, rotate a quarter of a turn, lift it up and out, then unplug the electrical connector
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
deuchebleu
My Cars: xxxxxxxxxx

Post by deuchebleu »

The unit is actually inside the ducting. You need to put the controls onto recirculation which opens up the recirc inlet and then put your hand inside this to reach the unit. Then, as you say, a slight turn anitclockwise I think, then pull the unit into the ducting and disconnect the connector. There's enough slack in the wiring but it can be a bit of a fiddle to do one handed. Your problem is almost certainly the thermal fuse has blown. This is common to the first three speeds. The fourth speed is a direct connectionn. You can get a slightly uprated replacement thermal fuse from Maplins if you are a dab hand with a soldering iron. You need to do it quickly though, and/or use a heat shunt, to prevent rupturng the new fuse. Do one end at a time and leave to cool between each. The original is crimped so it's best to cut the original wires and resolder to them.

John
iroc

Post by iroc »

thanks guys will have to do this as we need the fan at this time of year thanks again
cheers arch
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

I only did one of them. The fault was a blown thermal fuse. I think it was rated at 125 degrees C. Available from many electronic suppliers for a few cent. I had one in stock and so just changed it. I don't know how much the resistor pack costs.
EDIT.....
When I read Deuchebleu's post again I see it all covered there. Must read more carefully in future before posting.
iroc

Post by iroc »

citronut wrote:i just looked on service citroen at 2.0HDI piscasoooos, there are three part No.'s showing, if you require to correct part No. for you car, can yopu send me the last 8 digits of your chassis/VIN No.

the drawing does show the resistor is in the top of the air duct under the drivers side dash, and forward of the drivers right knee,

so it appears you need to put you hand up under the dash at this point, more or less were the air intake joins the main heater box body, and reach over the top, grab the unit, rotate a quarter of a turn, lift it up and out, then unplug the electrical connector
hi will take you up on the offer last 8 of the vin = 39056297 and will have them delivered so i can remove and refit same day
ok thanks arch
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

here is price and part No. of the one for your chassis No.

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
00006450EP CONTROL RESISTR 22.50 GBP 27.00 GBP 27.00 GBP

also
pm. sent
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years