2l hdi picasso 01 few cosmetic issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

katie86

2l hdi picasso 01 few cosmetic issues

Post by katie86 »

hi guys,
new to the forum, i know basics of cars but i let my dad try to do as much as possiblew
bought a 190k piccaso on friday
drives fine so far 200 miles
few niggly bits i wonder if you could help
1.heater fan onnly works on max setting 4,

2. temp guage i thought didnt work and was going to buy a new thermostat but after driving to leeds today over an hour it decided to go from nothing to two bars then back down to nothing a few mins later, not sure whats going on there,

3.seems sluggish in first and second gear , i think i may have a faulty maf sensor according to dad, he used torque and on the stats it had
800 rpm idle,
0.1g/s for maf
99kpa
i dont know what that means to be honest
hes changed the air filter and going to attempt to change fuel filter is it easy enough?

right side headlight has a faulty connection it comes on when you play around with the back of it.

5. ive bought a new timing belt does anyone know prices on getting it fitted so i do not get ripped off! being a lady!

sorry for the amount of questions
please be nice :)
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

please be nice
We normally tell new members to come back with tea and biscuits, then we're nice to them. However it is the season of goodwill, so a few exceptions won't hurt.

You'll need to advise what area you're in, there are a few competent members in terms of timing belts, and a few recommended garages. Sometimes it's worth driving that bit further.

Cabin fan is the easiest problem to diagnose; it's almost always the control module. You can chance an off-brand one from Fleabay or buy a name brand item from a vendor like GSF or Mister-Auto (UK). Easy for a competent amateur to fit.

If there are no warning lights on the dash, it's possibly a dash wiring issue that's causing the temperature gauge oddities. Normally a faulty sender unit will bring on the "STOP" light and have the gauge pegged, engine fans full tilt then suddenly go back to normal.

At 190K it may be due for a MAF - worth also servicing the EGR stuff or talking to one of the independents about blocking it off and deleting from the engine's operating system.
Northern_Mike

Re: 2l hdi picasso 01 few cosmetic issues

Post by Northern_Mike »

addo wrote:
please be nice
We normally tell new members to come back with tea and biscuits, then we're nice to them. However it is the season of goodwill, so a few exceptions won't hurt
You're such a charmer Addo.

Coffee and cake here please. ..

Anyway, yes, as Addo says give us a vague idea of your location and someone will know of a decent Independent who can do the belt, and look at the rest. I paid £250 including a waterpump, tensioners and oil change on my Berlingo with the same engine not so long ago.

Fan will be the controller pack, loose wiring or dash module for the temperature gauge. MAF for the sluggishness, although they are a bit sluggish compared so some cars - what did you drive before?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
katie86

Re: 2l hdi picasso 01 few cosmetic issues

Post by katie86 »

Thank you for your generous welcome
I drove a lady like 206 1.4 petrol,
I live in Skipton, North Yorkshire but originally from Leeds so I'm more or less there most weekends.
Sorry I forgot to mention my dad got some error codes he could not clear
P0120 and P0220
Something like tps switch a
And tps switch b.
Tried clearing and will not clear.
Is there anyway my dad can check the thermostat?
And we Google the error codes and a wire mod came up something about earthing a few wires
But couldn't find any pics or instructions for women to read ha.

Just bought a maf and egr blanking plate from the bay also

Thank you once again