c5 exclusive tailgate problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: c5 exclusive tailgate problem

Post by Stickyfinger »

qprdude wrote:How am I gonna cope when I move to Surrey.
Easy mate, stuff a plumb in your mouth, a silver spoon up your arse and pay TWICE the price for a pint.....enjoy the south :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Nah, the wife's from Surrey (34 years ago). I'm taking lessons from her. My beer comes from Aldi or any cheap source. Morrisons in Woking are the same price as up here. Don't go to pubs much, just Wetherspoons and they are much the same all over.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
bigal

Post by bigal »

qprdude wrote:Bigal.
Is your car dropping into "Economy Mode" as soon as you switch the engine off? If so, only certain "essential" electrics will continue to work.
Things like the alarm, the electric park brake will still work, but radio, electric windows etc will not. Maybe the tailgate is not considered essential.
Could be your battery. Winter time driving with extra heating, heated seats, lights etc will drain the battery, especially if you make lots of short journeys. If the battery is not being fully charged, the car goes into economy mode much quicker.

Thanks QPRdude it does go into economy mode I will get the battery checked out, it did work before but as you say winters a big drain on power =D>
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Al. With a perfect battery, the theory is that up to a maximum of 30 minutes, you will get the same amount of time with all systems active, as the engine has been running. After 30 minutes , economy mode kicks in. So drive for 10 minutes, get 10 minutes full system, drive 35 minutes, get 30 minutes full system.
I only mentioned it because although my battery starts the car no problem, I only get a few minutes after switch off, no matter how long the engine has been running. I'm not about to get rid of the battery until it becomes a problem to start. They're to bleedin' expensive.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

qprdude wrote:Nah, the wife's from Surrey (34 years ago). I'm taking lessons from her. My beer comes from Aldi or any cheap source. Morrisons in Woking are the same price as up here. Don't go to pubs much, just Wetherspoons and they are much the same all over.
Nice that the wife is from Local ....the stuff in ALDI is NOT Beer...... Wetherspoons ain't no pub and in "Surra" you have also Marks & Spencers ....OK Ya :)

Don't move soon, wait till its (the whole county) has dried out....
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

I'll have you know old boy that Surrey is a fine county to live in, just ask my butler.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm