engine immobilizer fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sanjeev12
New User

engine immobilizer fault

Post by sanjeev12 »

Hello.
i own a citroen xsara 2001 1.6engine car and what happened just 2 days ago is that, my car was had abit snow so first of all i started the engine and tried to clear the snow. as engine was started but in a meanwhile it stopped and says engine immobilizer fault. after that it is not working. but everything is okay with central locking and remote.
how can i fix this problem? i am really depressed. can anyone help me?
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: engine immobilizer fault

Post by qprdude »

You might want to try a BSI reset. (Battery disconnect) to see if it resets the immobiliser.
Not sure if it has anything to do with the problem, but it costs nothing, so worth a try.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

Post by deano1970 »

bit odd,
I had similar problems recently on my C5 but that was due to my battery being flat. I got a warning saying the anti theft system was faulty.....new battery cured it but I doubt it's same as yours as the engine was running........might be worth trying a jump start off another car to rule that possibility out??
C5 X7
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Still depressed?
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.