picked up my Exclusive Estate 2 liter hdi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jacksun1987

Re: picked up my Exclusive Estate 2 liter hdi

Post by jacksun1987 »

there was a good bit still left. He didnt fail it on the pads. He just said they needed cleaning up.
jacksun1987

Post by jacksun1987 »

when we was scrwing the calliper back in it wasnt moving in. Just going round and round. The other side was well easy to put back in.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

One piston screws the opposite way to the other. If yoh forced it, it'll have knackered the threads on it. Why did you remove the handbrake cable? Did you put it back?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
jacksun1987

Post by jacksun1987 »

dont think we didnt remove the handbrake cable. On the side what messed up.
One of the cables. Had already snapped off. There was just a bit left on dangling what wasn't doing anything.
The passenger side. Which had the broken handbrake cable. Was ok to take the pads off and lift the calliper up. Thats what failed the mot. It wouldn't hold on the handbrake. We knew that anyway.
The drivers side the handbrake cable was ok. That was the side. What we had trouble with. To lift the calliper up. And to screw the piston back in.
But the fount brakes wasnt the right presser to pass the mot. So he said the the pads will needs cleaning greasing. New acuminater sphere.
Put everything back on. The handbrake is really high. Higher then what it was before Brake light was on when driving it home.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Xantia front calipers are both wound back clockwise - C5 has different directions. They sometimes need a good push to get them going - a wind back tool will help.

Not sure which 'brake light' is now on?

If you previously had a broken cable, and now removed it, not surpised the hand brake is higher. The old cable was probably seized in the outer, but now it has been removed there will be no tension on that side, and as you pull it up, you are just unbalancing the equaliser, so it has to pull up more before you get any effort. Should be OK once a new cable is fitted. I assume that this is a 110 HDi, in which case it needs a different passenger side cable that is a bit longer than most other Xantias, and this can be a bit difficult to get hold of.
Richard W