Citroen C8 problems problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: Citroen C8 problems problems

Post by Mandrake »

You can't just fit an empty drilled out DPF without the ECU being remapped to accept that there is no DPF. Otherwise it looks at the pressure differential of almost zero and decides there is a problem and puts you in limp mode. This is to stop people simply removing the DPF.

Look up "DPF remapping". Be aware though that it is now illegal to remove and remap a DPF, and an MOT failure if they catch you out.

The pressure differential that it measures has both a maximum AND minimum acceptable value. What is the DPF pressure differential shown by the Lexia now with the empty DPF ? If its really low (much lower than the 60mb figure quoted by Lighty) then the pressure sensors are working and detecting there is no pressure drop across the DPF.

What was the pressure differential shown before you swapped the DPF over ? If it was way more than the 60mb figure Lighty quoted then the DPF must have been blocked or faulty, regardless of being "new". (A poor quality pattern part perhaps ?)
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

The chances of an MOT test or for that matter any tester being able to detect that the ecu has been re-mapped is I dare to suggest rather remote so bearing that and the fact that early C5's fitted with a similar system are all but impossible to sort out without remapping the ecu I believe it leaves you with three options, 1, bin the car, 2, sell the car on or 3, sort it out by re-mapping, the choice is yours.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

About a month after getting our 807, we had similar problems and my lexia showed the differential pressure sensor was giving out impossible readings. A replacement from the dealers wasn't that expensive, about £30 if I remember right. It was a superseded part, physically a different size and only had one mounting hole but sorted the problem.
A year or so later we had the 'diesel filer blocked' message, which really means the DPF. Forced regen didn't help but flushing it out with soap and water fixed it for another couple of years until it complained again. This was about 6 months ago and while I had it off the car to flush it out again I was carrying a cordless drill past it with a long 8mm masonry bit and accidently slipped putting 4 holes straight through it. Put it back on the car and the lexia now always reports the DPF is in the 'intermediate zone'.
I know it is strictly against MOT rules, but the tax on the '04 reg 807 with the DPF is over £200 as it is based on CO2 emissions, which the DPF has nothing to do with. The same car was available (I assume in other countries) without a DPF so I'm not going to loose sleep over the pollutants it's allegedly still kicking out. My similar aged Xsara has more or less the same engine with no DPF and the tax is £130.
masterofinsanity
My Cars:

Post by masterofinsanity »

well ive put the new dpf back on anyway and we have decided to ditch the car , its a fab car but no use to us if we cant use it, i appreciate all the help with this car that you guys have given us but enoughs enough. i surrender!
masterofinsanity
My Cars:

Well citroen sold on ebay, winners travelled over 100 miles and decided they didn't want it so it's still here and gonna have another crack at it, any ideas?
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Where is the car and how much did it sell for?

I'm just a grumpy Northern git.
masterofinsanity
My Cars:

Cars in Worcestershire and it finished on £991
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I went to Edinburgh to look at an XM once - didn't buy that either, it was worse than the one I had.

Peter
brmartyn
My Cars: Citroen C8

Post by brmartyn »

I'm sorry to tell you this but I had exactly the same problem a few weeks back with the same error codes using a OBD2 and reading the fault codes on an app on my phone.

If like me, the cambelt has failed, and you are looking at a repair bill of approx £2000 at a garage!!!

I came across and can highly recommend these guys in Leicester who have done a fantastic job of repairing my car for a cost of £1400. Many years experiance and well worth it.

http://www.cambeltrepair.co.uk/
Brady

Citroen C8 2.2 HDI Exclusive 2006/06

Previous French cars -
Renault Megane Tourer 2004/54 1.9 DCI Privilege
Citroen Xantia 1998/S 2.0 16v Exclusive Automatic
Renault Laguna Sports Tourer Dymanique 2001/51
Citroen Saxo VTR 2000/W
masterofinsanity
My Cars:

well guys back again, need to sort this car out as the tax runs out end of this month, ive just been tinkering under the bonnet and found what i believe to be a vacuum solenoid or valve of some sort, its broken off its mounting bracket which is located to the right of the airbox, by the jack holder, there seems to be 3 pipes which should be connected but only 1 is, i have found a disconnected pipe but not sure which lug it is supposed to be on so connected it to 1 of them, i now have a vacuum which you can hear and if i put my finger over the end thats sucking in the engine revs drop so its definitely connected and giving a signal to something, i just need to find out where the pipes go to and find the missing pipe.There is another similar valve lower down to which is connected/

If anyone can shed any light on what it controls and where the pipes are that should go to it i would be very grateful!!