Citroen C8 problems problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

masterofinsanity
My Cars:

Re: Citroen C8 losing power

Post by masterofinsanity »

Hi, I did clear as many as possible , still left with a few tho, think I'm gonna start with the more important ones ie fuel filler cap sensor - dpf reached maximum level of addidtive , its these that could be causing the power loss, I've had a quick look at the loom from the filler cap and can see it so gonna try and remove it and check the connections for corrosion.
masterofinsanity
My Cars:

Re: Citroen C8 problems problems

UPDATE - replaced DPF filter, reset additive level, filler cap loom is faulty - short to earth - but i can connect the loom wires and it adds additive (checked with Lexia) cars been off the road for a couple weeks whilst i sorted front suspension which both springs had snapped, finally back on the road and took it for a drive Sunday and within 10 mins went into limp mode.

The DPF didnt look blocked but replaced it anyway, would the CAT be blocked also ? would this cause the limp mode?
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

No, the cat would not be blocked, look at your "new" fault codes, and post them here.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
masterofinsanity
My Cars:

Took the car for a good run tonight whilst hooked upto the lexia and went through all the parameters to see if i could notice anything obvious, how can a car run soo well for 10 mins then lost power then pick up again ??? with no warning messages on the dash?? anyway i noticed the DPF diff pressure was quite high considering a new dpf has been fitted, what do you guys think?

rpm - 3245
diff pressure 147mb

this is whilst driving
masterofinsanity
My Cars:

http://s462.photobucket.com/user/zxr400 ... ow/citroen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

Dpf pressure is massive, 60/70 mb is the max it should read, check the pressure at idle, it may be that the sensor is blown, if so it will read the same all the time.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
masterofinsanity
My Cars:

yes I'm thinking its the dpf sensor , I'm gonna try and take a look tonight at it, it does change depending on revs, will try and get the pipes off as well might be worth replacing them anyway.
masterofinsanity
My Cars:

Hi guys, been a while, i changed the DPF sensor, and pressure pipes, which according to citroen had to be replaced as a complete kit with new brackets etc etc and since changing it the car has performed well with no surges in power so pretty sure the DPF sensor was definitely faulty, even if the new one looked nothing like the old one.

......................BUT!!

no real power until over 2500 rpm ? then it feels like its on steroids!!!!

if sitting in traffic for a few minutes as soon as you pull away it goes into limp mode.

and today it broke down completely with no power, left for 10 mins and all fine.

had a few extra faults come up and 1 in particular which ive not seen before is something to do with air flow.

cant attach pic as board quota reached

engine speed 4241rpm
air flow reference 888mg
air temp 21C
Air flow 424mg
turbo pressure 1647mb

any ideas? mass air flow meter?
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

They are the symptoms of a faulty MAF but I think you said you had changed it, did you use a genuine one? Did it cure the problem when you fitted it or was it still the same?

Peter
masterofinsanity
My Cars:

HI Peter, no I haven't changed the MAF yet , I thought this might be the culprit so will get a new one.thanks :-)
masterofinsanity
My Cars:

well I changed the MAF and took it out for a good blast and dear me the car got worse, misfiring spluttering, getting warm, went into limp mode with no warnings, got it home and it smelt like carbon burning, wouldn't fire properly, missus nearly battered me for killing her car.

anyways left it to cool down and been fine since, went out for a couple hours in sunday and never murmured :-) then took it out again sunday night and it bleeped at me diesel filter blocked.

so new filter bought today and I read on the eurocarparts website that if the fuel filter is blocked it can cause misfiring and the CAT to overheat
so fingers crossed all our problems will be resolved once I change the fuel filter

really feel like im winning at the mo :-)
i'll let you know
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Diesel filter blocked is referring to the DPF....
Richard W
masterofinsanity
My Cars:

RichardW wrote:Diesel filter blocked is referring to the DPF....
really? I did wonder but the dpf is new and status is regenerated.anyways ive got the fuel filter so may as well replace it, I'm sure half our problems are fuel related, and this warning appeared after I filled up with diesel and we lost power momentarily after filling up, I was thinking the fuel stirred some crap up and blocking the fuel getting through?
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Fuel filters can cause a problem, if I didn't change the one on my CX diesel at the appropriate intervals it would eventually stop!

Peter
masterofinsanity
My Cars:

ok, didnt change the fuel filter but thats another story, car is going into limp mode every time we go out in it, totally lose power and have to switch off and wait a couple of mins before switching back on and everything fine again, doing my fruit in.

Run the lexia again today and it said DPF filter overloaded.
i have checked the additive tank to ensure there is the plenty additive and it must be nearlt full as i removed the filler cap and it poured out.

i knew the dpf cant be blocked as its a new dpf, additive is being pumped and can see the qty increasing in Lexia.

i kep the old DPF filter so today drilled the honeycomb filter out and put the empty dpf back on , took the car out and exactly the same, stop for a few minutes in traffic and it loses all power, switch off and back on and all fine.

put the lexia on after taking it out with the empty dpf and no faults found.

i am at a loss with it and missus wants it gone, i just had a feeling i was winning with it and after spending soo much try to fix it, pretty disappointed.

any ideas what it could be???