undertray bolts

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boristhespie
My Cars:

undertray bolts

Post by boristhespie »

My undertray of me new car fell off today. I need bolts but the are different to the ones I have. Can't seem to find them on ebay.

Anyone able to help with a source. Dont want to go to dealer. They'll cost 7-8 quid each there probably.

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/snapfishuk/s ... napfishuk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C'est pas possible!
taffy
My Cars:

Re: undertray bolts

Post by taffy »

could you not get a bolt same length and diameter(well a size up) and get large flat washers instead?
i dont know as never had an undertray but thats what id prob think of doing first ;)
99 silver 2.1td exclusive xantia
99 red 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia..
00 black 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
99 blue 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
57 blue C4 GP 1.6hdi exclusive
08 black C4 GP 2.0hdi vtr
Estately
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 00 Xantia 2.0 HDI 90 bhp Estate 237k Gone to New Home
07 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive Estate 211k. Gearbox selector failed.
10 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Auto Exclusive Estate. Px'd
13 C5 2.0 HDI 160 Manual Exclusive Tourer.

Post by Estately »

I re fitted mine after it fell off using a couple of strips of half inch wide soft strip with holes punched in it. Shaped and fixed those above the lower edge of the wheel arch assembly where the original tray fittings have come from.
Used round headed bolts with square nuts similar to those used for rainwater guttering to fix the punched strip to the plastic wheel arch assembly but clear of the engine tray holes.
Align the holes on the punched strip with the four in the engine tray.
Obtained Xantia type engine tray fittings which take a 10mm bolt in a captive nut, similar types are also used for fitting Xantia fog lights in the bumper and probably many more applications. They were not expensive from the local Citroen dealer. Fitted them onto the punched strip aligning them to holes drilled through the plastic using the engine tray as a template, two each side.
The use of these fittings clamp onto your punched strip as you tighten them up but as you remove the tray they are loose enough to allow some movement as you line up and refit the engine tray. Keep the threads greased and they will not suffer the failure associated with original fast fit fittings.
Used a similar arrangement for fitting the front of the tray under the radiator assembly.

Hope that helps

Andy.
If it can happen it will.
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

Are yu looking for these? I also lost one of them and couldn't find yet in a local shop.
Searched in ebay with these words: "Citroen C5 undertray screw"

--> Engine Undertray Cover Pin Screw + Clip 703016 703018 Genuine

or this --> Citroen 10 PCS Under Engine Cover Bolts
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Yeah have them but this is different. Tha
T said may try. Funny thing my wifes new c4's undertray fell off the day before so she took the c5 and it fell off mid journey.

She left the car at a shopping centre half way to work and got but. Latet that night she took the c5 to kwick fit (oh Christ on a popcyclestick), who zip tied it up AND for free!!!!!!!

Kwick Fit and free dont come around too often.
C'est pas possible!
Jeff
My Cars:

Post by Jeff »

I dont have a fancy driveway so not bothered about oil drips, so when I found out the drip tray marginally makes the car more aerodynamic I decided I would prefer easier access when dropping the oil out and changing filter etc.

What I remember though is the tray firms up everything around it and without the tray I had to cable tie a few bits of plastic to flexible pipes which was not ideal but 3 years later there's no problem and I can do oil changes easily. So leaving the tray off has worked for me.

Thinking about it just remembered when the tray was on a garage owner after raising the car on a hoist huffed and puffed because they'd have to remove the tray to inspect for a leaking steering rack! He dropped the car down and sent me on my way [-X
Currently driving Citroen c5 2.0 HDI 51 Plate
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

You might also find if you were in a slight accident and your insurance company (or someone else's) had a look, you might be paying for your own repairs to any front end damage. As you correctly say, the under tray ties in and stiffens various panels, and protects engine components. Just a thought.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Jeff
My Cars:

Post by Jeff »

works for me dude
Currently driving Citroen c5 2.0 HDI 51 Plate
Bob L'eponge

Post by Bob L'eponge »

boristhespie wrote:My undertray of me new car fell off today. I need bolts but the are different to the ones I have. Can't seem to find them on ebay.

Anyone able to help with a source. Dont want to go to dealer. They'll cost 7-8 quid each there probably.

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/snapfishuk/s ... napfishuk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hard to see from the photo, but if these bolts are the same as those fitted to the undertray on an 'X7' C5 they are cheap as chips from a dealer. I bought a bag of ten for under 5 Euros.
taffy
My Cars:

Post by taffy »

what about drywall fittings?
99 silver 2.1td exclusive xantia
99 red 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia..
00 black 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
99 blue 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
57 blue C4 GP 1.6hdi exclusive
08 black C4 GP 2.0hdi vtr
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Looks like there are only 2 at the back, Boris? In which case, these are they from the dealer (each, you might have to but 5 or 10 though...):

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
0000703016 BUTTON 0.37 GBP 0.37 GBP 0.44 GBP 0.44 GBP 0.44 GBP 0.44 GBP

0000703018 HOG RING 0.19 GBP 0.19 GBP 0.23 GBP 0.23 GBP 0.23 GBP 0.23 GBP
Richard W
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

VertVega wrote:Are yu looking for these? I also lost one of them and couldn't find yet in a local shop.
Searched in ebay with these words: "Citroen C5 undertray screw"

--> Engine Undertray Cover Pin Screw + Clip 703016 703018 Genuine

or this --> Citroen 10 PCS Under Engine Cover Bolts
On my 2004 C5 2.0 HDI there are three like those in your link across the front and one at the back and at each side on the edge of the under wing trims there are two captive nuts with short 6mm screws
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Got some. Transpires there is now no engine undertray. Snapped the remaining bits along the body of the car in with these "pushfit" bolts. They're retty good and simple.

Now £109 for tray. Maybe 15-20 for all the bolts and probably £80(1hr), for fitting. Wonder if I could get away with getting it done as part of an oil change.

All I know is there is a rythmic banging now coming from the engine. Just hope it is the result of my fitting these back cos if it isn't (there was no banging prior) I may have lost a few grand.

See, panic by name. Panic by nature.

Think I'll leave it tonight. Expecting 110mph wind tonight.
C'est pas possible!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

boristhespie wrote: See, panic by name. Panic by nature.
Any relation to this one?

Bojana Panic :)
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Relations with her??? Yes Please.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.