C5 window regulator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stevec5

C5 window regulator

Post by stevec5 »

Hi, I have a 2010 C5 estate with a broken window regulator wire! I hope someone can help, I am having difficulty fitting new wires bought in a repair kit, to the regulator mechanism. I have managed to wrap the wires on the spool and with very little finesse forced the spool into position and refitted the motor - but the wires are like bow strings and both springs are fully compressed - this doesn't look right! I have checked the wire lengths against the originals and all look good. Has anybody done this job - some friendly advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: C5 window regulator

Post by qprdude »

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ow#p391752" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't know if it's the same regulator but there is a link to pics in the last reply.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
stevec5

Post by stevec5 »

Thanks for reply - but the mechanism is different, there are two upright guide rails on my car.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Don't know if anyone has done the X7 regulators yet as there are only a few owners on the forum. Worth keeping an eye on the thread though, as there are a few repairs being done on the 2008> cars .
Rick.

vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

I could look into it in the Service Box, there should be something about the repair procedure for the window mechanism.
stevec5

Post by stevec5 »

That would be helpful - I have seen this is quite a common fault on this model - it looks like any water getting past the window seal makes its way down one of the vertical guides and rusts the short cable which runs on the bottom pulley, which eventually snaps!
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Just to check, is it the front door, or the rear door that you're trying to repair (different described procedures & images)?
stevec5

Post by stevec5 »

It's the front drivers door.
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

I presume you've read this post with a tip about trimming back a part to make fitting easier ?

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=42751" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

stevec5 wrote:It's the front drivers door.
That wont help vborovic, he has a left hand drive. :lol: :wink:
Rick.

stevec5

Post by stevec5 »

Hi, I have read the post - not sure which cable sheath he trimmed; 15mm sounds a lot considering all the cables and wires are identical in length compared to the originals
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

OK, so this is everything I could dig up from the service box ... first, the parts section, it shows all the, well, parts, that the window in the door is related to. Apart from that, there are several repair procedures listed, the only ones related to your problem (in some ways at least), are the [removing & refitting of the electric window mechanism], [front door glass] & [front window motor]. Below you'll find the link download (I can't just post here 20+ images), the zip file will be password protected, and I'll remove it in 1-2 days from the post.

FILE REMOVED

I'm not an expert user of the Service Box and not a repair man, but I think this is everything about the X7 front window, available at this time.
Last edited by vborovic on 11 Dec 2013, 06:27, edited 1 time in total.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

@ qpr ... Then I would suggest to steve to read the provided information in the mirror ... :D ... I didn't find left/right hand drive option for the doors in the service box, some other items do have it available though
stevec5

Post by stevec5 »

Thanks vborovic These do show in detail the assembly but sadly not the procedure to replace cables - i assume citroen would replace the complete assembly!
nevdixon
My Cars:

Post by nevdixon »

Trim some of the outer sheath off the cable - if memory serves I had to trim approx 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch off. The cable is the correct length - its the outer sheath which is too long.

Nev
2008 C5 VTR+ Nav