Oh Dear Poorly Berlingo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I don't see it as the sole province of mechanical repair, for a business stream to see money generated en passant, as equal or greater importance when compared to the delivery of a quality end product - where once you sought to find the bulk of income.
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Re: Oh Dear Poorly Berlingo

Post by demag »

I just had a call from Colliers. The parts are on order.
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

Things don't always go to plan do they. The Blingo didn't quite make its way home last week but I can confirm that it is now sitting outside on the drive. I collected it this afternoon at 4.30pm. It seems to be driving ok but I didn't push it, just cruised at 40-50mph.

Now what to do? As well as turbo problems I have just been reading the thread on injector bolts loosening and snapping. I'm probably reading more into this than I need to but I think we may well be parting company in the not too distant future. I'm rapidly losing faith in the 1.6hdi. I've had some simply wonderful times in my Citroen's over the years but all I see now are corporate giants who don't give a monkey's for the small private owner. We are sold a half developed product and when we complain because it doesn't do what they say it will do we are totally ignored and have to seek redress through the courts. And yes I know it's not only Citroen but my experience is with them and they flatly refused to pay for any repairs under the terms of the warranty. Colliers bless 'em have picked up the bill and got me back on the road but let's say I have another expensive breakdown will I have the same fiasco again? Probably. :(
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Hmm, I'd be tempted to keep it for a while, service it a bit earlier, keep the oil topped up. There must be hundreds of thousands of them about with no problems, and the vehicle itself is a great machine.

I'm not sure the injector bolts do break if you use a torque wrench on them.... ;-)
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Are the older ones like 02 plates fitted with old xud engine? Can they run on part veg?
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I think pretty much all the 1.9D Berlingos, even the M49 pre-2002 are all Lucas pumped and can't run on veg.