2.2 HDi Pressure Regulator Current

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

2.2 HDi Pressure Regulator Current

Post by addo »

This one has me puzzled.

A car that was reported as suffering occasional stumbling at freeway speeds. No obvious issues other than a fuel filter well past its best. No "smoking gun" with Lexia. Injector flow corrections just about perfect.

Two oddities, one being the EGR open rate which at 44% was right out of the range suggested (high sixties, low seventies), the other pressure regulator supply current which was about 100mA above the suggested max of 630mA (from memory) at warm idle.

120K miles on the clock (205K kilometres). Engine looks good, appears to have had no major "events" in its life, mostly urban usage.

Should I be worrying about these two items above, or is the stumbling most likely that ancient fuel filter?
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: 2.2 HDi Pressure Regulator Current

Post by wheeler »

Any doubt about the EGR valve then blank it.
As far as the suggested ranges on Lexia go I find in real life they are not always in ideal range, even on a car with no faults. I also often find the 2.2 with DPF's block up the fuel filter sooner than they should, the usual symptom is loosing power on hard acceleration.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Many thanks for your input. It was indeed a DPF equipped one, auto as well. There were a bunch of regens logged, but no DPF issues otherwise reported.

There's only a scant number of 2.2s around here, so no chance of making comparisons between running cars. It had crossed my mind that if the fuel filter wasn't "it" then a good clean of the EGR circuit and removal of all the oily residue from the intake would be good things to address.
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Re: 2.2 HDi Pressure Regulator Current

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Well I know it's a different engine but the symptoms are the same - 407 2.0hdi. I'd just bought the car and stumbling would be a good description of what was happening at 60-70mph. I thought it was doing a regen. Lexia/ PP200 said no, so I blanked the egr and the stumblings gone.

With the 2.2 it was "stuttery" at low revs, ok higher up. EGR blank cured the pickup.

Hope this somehow helps.... :?
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.