Xsara indicator and dash died for a second

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

3ps

Xsara indicator and dash died for a second

Post by 3ps »

Hi,

I have an 2001 1.4 Xsara hatch.
My wife said that she went to use the indicator but it wouldn't work, and then she noticed the dash was dead. A few seconds later everything was fine.

Any ideas what this would point to?

I have put 15000miles on it and never had a problem.
However, the week after she told me, I was in 3rd gear and accelerating and it just lost all power for about 1 second, then back to normal. I didn't look at the dash while this happened. Perhaps it could be related?

The car has served me well and has only cost mr about 120 in 18 months in repairs. But it will soon need a timing belt, rocker cover leak repaired, and a new fuel pump/fuel gauge..... which is just about pushing it in the 'must change car' range..... but if there is some wierd electrical problem too then I might let it go.

Thanks.
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Re: Xsara indicator and dash died for a second

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Check battery connections where they join to the battery & body and any junction
boxes around or beneath the battery tray. also check engine earth pints are secure.
ie where bolted to gearbox. Is the battery clamp present and holding the battery in its tray
if not suspect a dodgey battery lead as a moving battery pulls on its leads.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
3ps

Re: Xsara indicator and dash died for a second

Post by 3ps »

How obvious. I never even thought of that!
Thanks