Merged Lexia & Diagbox threads

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: '95 Xantia 1.9D automatic - 118k one of two? remaining
'97 306 1.6 XS, 24k, The ex-Haynes "Max Power" display car. Bought after being written off & stripped, now being rebuilt without the wide body
('96 ZX 1.9TD SX, ??k roller due to collect at weekend)

Re: Merged Lexia & Diagbox threads

Post by ekjdm14 »

spiff wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 14:04 But how did it know about the jack unless there is a sensor involved ?

Off out to test my C5 after replacing the rear ram seals, we may never be seen again : )

Hope the weather warms up for you, it is 7.7c here not too bad.

Good luck : )

God Bless Spiff

That's what raised my query really, was it a viable/valid code or was it spurious and wiring related... A strange one for sure and the kids are home now so no time to play with fixing Lexia laptop, I may just have a quick play with the under seat wiring when I have a smoke break though lol. Hope the C5 rides as nicely and as dry as a new one for you, I'm sure it'll be fine.

The ice has just about started melting now that the sun's on it's way down, but never mind, at least we saw some sun I suppose.
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 118k
'97 306 XS 1.6i, Blaze Yellow, 24k
'96 ZX SX 1.9TD rolling shell, White, ??k
Lance
My Cars: C5 X7 tourer

Wanted: Lexia to suit C5 X7..

Post by Lance »

Hi all, am new to Citroen, recently purchased a C5 X7 Tourer with suspension pump issues, electric motor getting hot and motor running for extended times.
Am seeking to buy Lexia and my regular Aussie Club indicates there is a French Car Forum supplier offering discounts on a Lexia, better still, with good support :) Over.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

G'day Lance and welcome to the FCF.
Aussie Frogs by any chance? :-D

There is a 15% discount for members - see the link here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=57989

They do ship outside the UK and have the full-chip kits.

From what you have said though, it sounds like you may have an issue with the motor getting gunked up with some oil in there leading to some crud build up. If it does start overheating it will start blowing the maxi fuse no doubt.

However I was in contact with a company BBA Reman recently, as I thought my pump was on the blink - but has miraculously recovered.

As the cost of new pumps are extortionate - they offer 2 routes - an exchange service where they send one to you and you send yours back when it is replaced - or they can repair your own unit for you, so no configuration. This last option costs £275 plus VAT and carriage - or if they cannot repair it or there is nothing wrong with it, they charge you a £35 test fee plus VAT and return carriage costs. They also warrant the repair for life. Thought it worth a mention in case. Here's a link to their website:

http://www.bba-reman.com/gb/catalogue/d ... oduct=1283
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Lance

Post by Lance »

Thanks I did apply the discount token but it was not accepted, I have sent an e-mail to the supplier.
Pump issue.. I have stripped the elec motor, it was clean inside, no oil brushes and Commy good.. pump turned easily by hand, system bleed and works
However the module on the motor, next to the lead connections heats up very quickly. then transfers the heat transfers to the motor..

It is recently purchased vehicle C5x7 with this pump problem..
So the pump on the car is a replacement used item.. not the original.
Am thinking the module atop the pump is maybe incompatible..
I have seen the word 'configured' used..
Does a replacement unit need to be re-configured, can Lexia3 do that..?

The pump runs too long and seems to be pumping against shut valves,
and the strange heat build up at the black unit on the elec motor.

Hoping you may have advice or know about the compatibility issue.
I did look at BBA-Reman and read their forum notes, no leads..

I would like to master my C5X7 as a DIY mechanic..
From where, and under what conditions does the pump take it's directives, is that maybe the source of the issue..
Maybe the unit on my vehicle, being used replacement, needs to be configured.

I'll start a thread around that querie.
Last edited by Lance on 19 Feb 2018, 06:31, edited 1 time in total.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Easydiagnostics would not give me a discount, and would not take off the VAT for a sale outside the UK.

I bought a full chip kit from China: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/2016-New ... 61755.html It works fine but was a bit thin on installation instructions.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

OP has also posted (in another thread):
Hi, I recently bought a C5X7 with a blown fuze suspension pump motor.
After removing and checking the inside of the motor, which was clean..
I noticed it was a replacement used item.

Is there a re-configuration process in the case of the motor/ pump/ module unit
being swapped from another car.

My pump behaves strangely and seems to pump for too long and for no reason.
The black module on the elec motor gets very hot quite quickly.

It does pump the car up and down on command, but continues to pump and seems to cut out on a timer..

Would Lexia help configure the pump module or is there something else at play here..
Is the reason I wish to buy a Lexia, to clear old errors and maybe fix the pump behaviour that way?

Over and thanks, ur time.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'll look into the Easy Diagnostics code situation today...

Back to the pump: The BHI (Integrated Hydraulic Block) contains the motor and the ECU for the Hydractive suspension. If these are removed or replaced they DO need configuring to the car - this is written in the diagnostic procedures. The black box part of the unit is the ECU and there are a variety of these pumps that are different depending on the vehicle - engine type etc.

So you will need to get your diagnostic kit to be able to do this. There is nothing you can do inside the black box ECU -

The integrated hydro-electronic block ECU controls the following components :
  • The electropump unit and its electrovalves
  • The stiffness regulator electrovalves
  • The vehicle ride height
  • The stiffness
Once you've sourced a Lexia kit, post in an existing suspension topic if available, or create a new topic if relevant if you have any suspension-specific issues - as this thread is for the Lexia & Diagbox - specific issues.

Marc
macgyver
My Cars: Peugeot Boxer III Self Built Camper

Post by macgyver »

The Easy Diagnostics website seems to give free reign on the shipping option, how do I know if it will be a small or large parcel?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi, I recently bought a C5X7 with a blown fuze suspension pump motor.
After removing and checking the inside of the motor, which was clean..
I noticed it was a replacement used item.
The one fitted may not be compatible
Is there a re-configuration process in the case of the motor/ pump/ module unit
being swapped from another car.
Lexia / Diagbox must be used to configure the replacement unit

My pump behaves strangely and seems to pump for too long and for no reason.
The black module on the elec motor gets very hot quite quickly.
It does pump the car up and down on command, but continues to pump and seems to cut out on a timer..
Timing has nothing to do with it. The BHI controls all the aspects of the Hydractive system (see my earlier post, previous page) and operates as needed to ensure the correct heigh settings are maintained, regardless of timing. Obviously if the pump is not working correctly (mechanically/ electrically or ECU related) then it will continue to operate or not until either the thermal overload kicks in and shuts it off or it blows a fuse or other
Would Lexia help configure the pump module or is there something else at play here..
The Lexia will configure the BHI to the vehicle, as long is it is the correct type for the vehicle - they are NOT all the same. Don't interchange pumps from a Mark I or Mark II C5 ever, and even the C75 X7 pumps are different, so important to get the correct one. The ECU must be the right one for your vehicle, hence why some people manage to separate the ECU from the motor part, repair and clean up the motor and re-seal and attach back on the original ECU to avoid potential issues on a second hand one that may not be the correct part.
Is the reason I wish to buy a Lexia, to clear old errors and maybe fix the pump behaviour that way?
Until you can confirm you have the correct BHI unit, coding it won't necessarily fix your problem

Over and thanks, ur time.

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

macgyver wrote: 19 Feb 2018, 10:17 The Easy Diagnostics website seems to give free reign on the shipping option, how do I know if it will be a small or large parcel?
That is something you need to discuss with them - we are not affiliated to them in any way.

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Lance wrote: 19 Feb 2018, 03:05 Thanks I did apply the discount token but it was not accepted, I have sent an e-mail to the supplier.
The code works correctly, the items must be put into the basket, then the shipping options next, then enter the code and apply it. I believe Jim has contacted you directly to resolve this, but I have responded here to ensure others who choose to purchase from Easydiagnostics using the member discount apply it in the correct sequence. I will update the relevant thread too.

Marc
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

ekjdm14 wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 13:11 Quick question for anyone who has Lexia working on their S1 Xantia (if anyone!). I've had partial comms with the seatbelt pretensioners (in trying to find the cause of an airbag light, no comms with airbag though) and the message that I got was "inactive, please lower the hydraulic jack"... I'm wondering if it's really that "clever" that it knows the car is jacked up currently (non-hydractive) or if it's indicative of another fault?

Long shot I know, got to fix my USB driver again before I can try again with the car level though so just thought I'd ask...

I have a S1 Xantia V6 and I only get partial comms with my car as well - there are three ECU's which I can't communicate with, I don't recall off hand what they are but I think the airbag is one.

Are you using the 16 pin OBD-II to 30 pin rectangular adaptor cable to connect to the car, or do you have a cable that goes from the round plug on the Lexia directly to a rectangular 30 pin connector ?

The latter is very rare and I believe is the only way to get full comms with a S1 Xantia. The reason is that the 16 pin OBD-II connector does not have enough pins for all the ECU's on the 30 pin plug as there are 17 lines needed! There was a thread some time ago where I mapped out the connections of the adaptor and two different pins on the 30 pin connector for different ECU's are connected together to one pin on the 16 pin connector - this I believe is why it doesn't work for certain ECU's.

Unless you can find the rare 30 pin round to 30 pin rectangular cable I doubt you will get full comms with the car.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: '95 Xantia 1.9D automatic - 118k one of two? remaining
'97 306 1.6 XS, 24k, The ex-Haynes "Max Power" display car. Bought after being written off & stripped, now being rebuilt without the wide body
('96 ZX 1.9TD SX, ??k roller due to collect at weekend)

Post by ekjdm14 »

Thanks, I was using the Chinese kit but with the plug ripped apart and free-pinned using Jim's pinouts from a known working 16-30 pin adapter (I had connected- permanent 12v, IGN+, Earth and then D2/F3 which were related to the airbag system).

I think it was the same thread where you listed the pinouts as I recall seeing 2 pins going to one. Either way, I managed to sort the problem out with a bit of old fashioned multimeter work in the end. Once I'd looked into the connector from a scrap car I realised there were only 10 wires to the airbag ECU and 6 of those were triggering wires, tracing those I found an intermittent break in one of the pretensioner wires running inside the centre console.

Between that and a replacement clock spring it's all behaving for now, I might try to connect to the ECU one more time now it's free of faulty wiring and see what the result is. I actually find it pretty hard to believe the ECU could communicate much anyway, since 2 of the remaining 4 wires to it are IGN+ and Earth, then another was the warning light trigger (using a switched earth through the ECU when plugged in, shorted to the earth lead when ECU was unplugged) and the final one I believe would have to be from the VSS to determine whether the vehicle was travelling fast enough for deployment. That'd leave no connection to the diag socket unless the warning light trigger also doubles as the diagnostic line...

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply and thanks for another lead in the quest to have a "proper" Lexia setup for Xantiae, I'll keep an eye out for the correct 30pin to round plug adapter and grab one if it ever turns up!
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 118k
'97 306 XS 1.6i, Blaze Yellow, 24k
'96 ZX SX 1.9TD rolling shell, White, ??k
Lance

Post by Lance »

Thank you Marc your time and attention.
Your understanding and sharing have removed so much confusion.
Now that I better understand the components and their relationship
I feel more able to sort the issue out.
I will order the Lexia today and arrange to buy a laptop to run it on.

Without the original BHI, I will have to buy used form a wrecker...
Question:
Is there a register or information source to ensure I buy a unit to suit my model 2009 X7 Tourer.
I note the replacement unit on my car has numbers on it..
Elec motor M963671388000 Pump Module (atop the pump) H2 0475-07G3 / IND 04
PSA H2 CEM 01
Since I don't have the original unit, I have nothing to go off except Year and Model and Vin.
Am not sure the wrecker will know what I need, and the chances of getting a unit from a wreck my exact model are pretty slim.

So maybe there is a 'series' or Unit ID number that is relevant to my Model Car that I can look for and seek out.
Am so relieved to learn Lexia will be able to configure the unit once I find a unit that is compatible.
Forum's help is much appreciated.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Lance, as you’ve already mentioned yourself, there will be little point using the replacement module as a reference as this was not the original unit.

If you send me a private message with your VIN, I will be able to provide you with the original Citroen part number.

Although this won’t be terribly helpful in finding a second hand unit as the part number won’t match the more widely used number - with your VIN, it should help locate a donor vehicle from the same engine, year, options etc., to narrow down the choices. I’ll wait to hear from you and I’ll do some digging.

Marc