Merged Lexia & Diagbox threads

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Merged Lexia & Diagbox threads

Post by GiveMeABreak »

myszon23 wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 12:46 My C5 story is quite long already. Since I’ve brought it I had Depollution System Fault x 2 after around 5 hours on motorway (?).
Tyre pressure system can’t see winter wheel set. Synchro on 4th gear is gone (covert by guarantee, dealer is fixing it as we speak)
And cherry on top- I found metal shavings in fuel filter.
Reason why I’m looking for diagnostics is to check myself what is wrong before I pass it to be fixed. Obviously after checking on forum first 
Also I like to solve problems myself if possible like add new wheels to TPS or check FAP filter.

The anti pollution fault may be related to the regeneration problems if it hasn't had a chance to clear the filter - depending on soot level. If it is too full because of continued lack of regeneration, it may be over 70% full and may need deep cleaning. A motorway burn up won’t make any difference if it is this full. But the car should of gone into reduced performance mode if this is the cause.

As for the tyres, the system is perfectly capable of detecting winter tyres so long as they are also fitted with TPMS sensors AND have been programmed.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
myszon23
My Cars: Citroen C5 '09 2.0 Hdi 138

Post by myszon23 »

Before I went for the trip I checked the car including filter and according to computer it was 60% full.
Even if it was more than that I was driving on motorway for at least 5 hours at the time.
I know DPS fault (yellow engine light came on) may be on for several different thing that are not related to FAP itself.
That is one of the reason I’m looking for diagnostic tool, so I can keep record of fault codes.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, 60% is not ideal - as another 20% of soot will take it to the 70%+ level and shortly after this, it will no longer be able to regenerate!

The Lexia will be able to tell you the soot loading and also how much additive is estimated to be in the tank.

Likely suspects for the Service light to come on without another warning (check messages on the screen / or press the CHECK button to see if there are any messages stored) may be the EGR valve being blocked - but a Lexia will be able to tell you what the codes are and what the suspect areas are likely to be.

Marc
myszon23
My Cars: Citroen C5 '09 2.0 Hdi 138

Post by myszon23 »

Will I be able to check it with iCarsoft cp 2? I don’t feel confident to do any changes in BSI.
All I need is diagnostic to highlight the fault so I can act on it and allow me to access basic operations.
I don’t mind to pay extra and miss hassle of software installation and caring laptop. Is it good enough for new
unexperienced Citroën user ?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I really can't comment directly in the iCarsoft system - it will probably be easier for novices to use, and if you just want to perform simple OBD-II diagnostic scanning and fault clearing it should be fine. It may also have some other abilities, but very likely won't won't match a Lexia kit and I simply cannot say if the iCarsoft can go into the finer details of the anti-pollution systems that a Lexia with Diagbox can along with the procedures included with the Lexia.

So it has to be your choice really. The downside to Lexia / Diagbox is that there is no manual, you will have to rely on researching how to use it - although there are lots of videos on the web. But caution has to be taken to not play about with things on this system as it can have an unexpected and potentially dangerous impact on your car if you change something or a setting that you shouldn't.

You might try looking at the list of Forum members that have Lexia kits who have offered their services to other members - it might be worth seeing if anyone is near to you and contacting them: check out the link and at the bottom is a map showing their locations in the following link:

Members Offering Lexia Services Link

Marc
spiff
My Cars: C5 2003 2LTR 1997 AUTO PETROL ESTATE

Problems with Lexia seller

Post by spiff »

Good afternoon gentlemen.

I recently purchased a Lexia with a laptop from an eBay seller, I know Davie had a problem with him.

The item arrived poorly packed and with out the S1278 interface in the sellers picture.

He also ignored a question about using a ghost program to back the software up.

I left neutrall feed back, he immediately contacted me, he also sent a request to revise feed back saying he was ready to listen.

I requested that he remove the image of the S1279 interface as it was not included, or at least mention the fact in the text.

He refused and implied that he would not now cover any guarantee claims with me, at least that is how I read it.

To day I checked the virus program on my own laptop.

I had inserted the CD that came with the Lexia / laptop into my own laptop to read what was on the disc.

It had tried to install so I stopped it, the virus report is attached ?

Some virus reports can be misleading I know.

His exact words were : -

( New message from: yaw_car_solutions (830)
Hi,

I’m not going to amend my listing and I’m not meeting your demands. Maybe I will hear from you in the future if you need to use your warranty. Good luck. )

We are off out to test the car after its repair it is not raining and the sun is out : )

God Bless Spiff
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
P1040330.JPG
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Spiff. I have moved your post here into the merged Diagbox and Lexia thread.

That virus warning could of come from anywhere - to be honest and would likely of been picked up and intercepted on the DVD by Windows Defender before it got transferred your PC.

As for the seller - you have 2 choices - return the goods to ebay under the 'goods not as described' and keep a screen print of the listing that clearly shows the photograph with the S1279 module included with the other goods.

Ebay will 100% refund your money without question as this is a clear case of miss-selling and a breach of ebay terms and conditions. If he won't forward you the module and won't make you a partial refund - then it is your choice to return it - but do so sooner rather than later. You can always return it within 14 days under the Consumer Contracts Regulations (2014). The point being that as far as return postage goes - it MUST be refunded by the seller if the goods are not as described or faulty / damaged - whereas if you just didn't happen to like it and wanted to return it, then you may be liable for the return postage yourself - depending on the seller's returns policy.

As for your other issue regarding the software and ghosting.... There really is no need to back this software up from your PC.. It is a VERY LARGE AND untidy piece of software, creating files all over your PC. All you have to do once it is installed and working is to backup your licence file (APPDIAG.SYS) from the following location:

C:\AWROOT\BIN\FI\

Copy APPDIAG.SYS to a safe location. If the software ever deactivates, then all you need to do is copy this file back to the location I mentioned.

Be aware that you should always operate the software using the same network adapter that was in the system when you installed it - (you don't have to have the Internet connected - just disconnect the network connection or wireless connection), but the adapter should be enabled. The programme can deactivate if it detects any differences to the major hardware after installation.

Marc
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I had to threaten him with trading standards to receive the module. It's not that I need it, because at the moment I don't, but it was the principle of it once you pointed it out Marc. To be fair to the seller he did offer to send me a return label and to refund me but that I declined. I did report him to Ebay, but doubt if that made any difference.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I would of thought that he could of at least changed his picture Davie :shock: - I mean how long does that take? The fact that he hasn't is just inviting problems. As Spiff said - he was quick off the mark when he left neutral feedback - and too many of these will stuff his seller reputation / rating and ability to sell if he gets too many dodgy ratings. Common sense to me that once bitten - he should of swapped the picture - a 5 minute job - or even 'photoshopped' out the S1279 module!

I don't think this guy realises what 'word of mouth' is and how tight knit the car community forum members can be. He could of enjoyed potentially more sales had this all gone smoothly - instead he would seem to be giving the virtual finger! Oh well. his loss. :)

Marc
spiff

Post by spiff »

Thank you for that Marc I shall back up the file : )

God Bless Spiff
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I was too late to leave feedback, I was going to give him neutral once I did get the module, took too long though. Should have dumped negative straight away.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: '95 Xantia 1.9D automatic - 109k one of two remaining
'03 206 GTi180 - 97k in pieces being brought back up to snuff
'03 206 1.9TD - home-built veg-fuelled B-road bruiser
'99 306 SE 2.0i cabriolet - 92k awaiting service work ready for next summer
'97 306 XS 1.6i 3 door, Bianca White, from dead 12 years & seized solid to road legal in 7 days

Post by ekjdm14 »

Quick question for anyone who has Lexia working on their S1 Xantia (if anyone!). I've had partial comms with the seatbelt pretensioners (in trying to find the cause of an airbag light, no comms with airbag though) and the message that I got was "inactive, please lower the hydraulic jack"... I'm wondering if it's really that "clever" that it knows the car is jacked up currently (non-hydractive) or if it's indicative of another fault?

Long shot I know, got to fix my USB driver again before I can try again with the car level though so just thought I'd ask...
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 109k
'03 206 GTi180 94k in surgery
'03 206 1.1S XUD9TE/veg project :mrgreen:
'99 306 2.0SE cabriolet 95k summer toy
'97 306 XS 1.6i 99k sat 12 years, fixed in 7 days, 150mile maiden voyage :rofl2:
spiff

Post by spiff »

Good afternoon from a sunny Mullion Cove Cornwall.

Sadly my Xantia has gone to the scrap yard in the sky : (

The message makes sense as neither the seat belt or the airbag would need to deploy if the car knows its wheels are hanging.

God Bless Spiff
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: '95 Xantia 1.9D automatic - 109k one of two remaining
'03 206 GTi180 - 97k in pieces being brought back up to snuff
'03 206 1.9TD - home-built veg-fuelled B-road bruiser
'99 306 SE 2.0i cabriolet - 92k awaiting service work ready for next summer
'97 306 XS 1.6i 3 door, Bianca White, from dead 12 years & seized solid to road legal in 7 days

Post by ekjdm14 »

Indeed I thought it'd make sense if it knows the wheels are hanging... But on a non HA car, how would it know? (but then, why would it deactivate them? the car could be flying off an embankment).

TBH I think there's a problem with the pretensioner wiring, but too cold to the bone to go check now! :(
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 109k
'03 206 GTi180 94k in surgery
'03 206 1.1S XUD9TE/veg project :mrgreen:
'99 306 2.0SE cabriolet 95k summer toy
'97 306 XS 1.6i 99k sat 12 years, fixed in 7 days, 150mile maiden voyage :rofl2:
spiff

Post by spiff »

Yes of course you did say non hydractive I forgot that part.

But how did it know about the jack unless there is a sensor involved ?

Off out to test my C5 after replacing the rear ram seals, we may never be seen again : )

Hope the weather warms up for you, it is 7.7c here not too bad.

Good luck : )

God Bless Spiff