Merged Lexia & Diagbox threads

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Merged Lexia & Diagbox threads

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Great news, glad you got is sorted and thanks for feeding back - a great help for others. :-D
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

The answer is probably here somewhere but I've searched without real success so far. Basically now both the family cars have been upgraded it's time to move on with the Lexia as well. I suspect that my 2013 X7 would be readable by a Rev B interface but maybe not the 2015 Peugeot 308? I've seen an unused Lexia interface for sale and have made some enquiries.

The vendor is a bit vague on details (possibly deliberately? - perhaps something to ring the alarm bells?) and she doesn't know where it was bought from (possibly JJ Diagnostics) and hasn't a clue as to whether it's Rev B, Rev C or Rev anything. She has confirmed that the kit includes Diagbox though.

1 How easy is it to flash a Rev B unit to Rev C?

2 Are all Rev Bs flashable? In various screenshots of the result of running PSA Interface Checker I've noticed differing serial numbers next to the Reference button.

3) Many make reference to "full chip". Can this be determined from running the Interface checker? Is it obvious if the casing is opened up? Just how important is it to be full chip for reading late models?

I suppose I could buy a guaranteed Rev C Full Chip kit but I hate to leave the possibility of a bargain untaken!
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Paul, there are 2 things here. One is the firmware for which you can use the PSA interface Checker to upgrade / downgrade the firmware that is required for the relevant Diagbox software version needed (unless you have a manual upgrade override written into the ini file). The second involves for a revision 'B' the re-flashing of the Fujitsu MCU and EEPROM Winbond with the proper dump files. Easydiagnostics no longer do this (I think because of all the dodgy interfaces on the market without all the chips). There was a chap on the net who made the files and personalised them for at a small charge, but I don't have the details I'm afraid.

I think one of the issues was with the missing 10k resistor from some of the clones, which is required for the full-CAN cars. I've been reliably informed though that Diagbox 7.58 will still work well with cars up to Sept. 2015, so I would try it and see if it does everything you need. I have purposefully left mine on Diagbox V7.58, despite having Diagbox 8.** because of the reduction in telecoding features they are making on each revision (in a move to go all online at some point). It might be better to bite the bullet and invest in a new kit from Easy, which you know will have all the hardware and have piece of mind. Buying second-hand is a bit of a minefield as to knowing what you are getting. Although it may work on one car, it may fail on another model.

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

**sigh** Thought so. May still take a punt though...
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
harryp
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Post by harryp »

One way to check would be to split the case (easy) and compare with on-line pics of "other" versus the "full chip" version. The differences are plain to see.....
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros
cancunia
My Cars: 2004 Berlingo 2.0HDi

DiagBox or Lexia for 2004 Berlingo 2.0HDi?

Post by cancunia »

I'm intending to install Cruise Control on my '04 2.0HDi. From what I've read here & elsewhere, Diagbox is only for 'later' cars probably no earlier than 2006 and where the Berlingo is concerned probably for the later B9 versions. I have a copy of Lexia3 & Diagbox but no hardware to test on, a Pug owner near to me has Diagbox V7 inc Laptop and connectors etc and offered to help, it's worked fine on a few Pugs but it's never been used on Citroen.
I'm wondering if we should start with Diagbox and follow the menus for my car, or if we should start with Lexia via my Lapotop and Diagbox hardware? I've read in the Diagbox help file, that it will start Lexia directly for older vehicles, so am assuming that's what will happen if I take the Diagbox route but some feedback from anyone with first hand experience would be most welcome.

Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes Diagbox is the front end and will launch either Diagbox, Lexia or Planet Peugeot 2000 as needed.

Marc
cancunia

Post by cancunia »

Aha, that's what I hoped and will make things a lot more straightforward. Many Thanks
easydiagnostics
My Cars: Peugeot 407. 307

Post by easydiagnostics »

Hello to all French Car Forum Members

Jim from EASYDIAGNOSTICS.
After being advised by a buyer about all the posts on French Car Forum about us I decided I had to register and say thanks to all previous buyers from French Car Forums of our Lexia 3 Kits. As most of you are aware we are a UK company and have been dealing in the Lexia 3 Diagbox kits for over 6 years now.
We only supply the best quality full board revision C interface kits. We also provide all buyers with a full no quibble 12month warranty on all kits bought from us. Any customer buying from us also receives free of charge a Membership to access the Members Only area of the easydiagnostics website. This area allows you to download backups of your Lexia Diagbox software. Also includes links to online Citroen and Peugeot Serviceboxes.
Any French Car Forum members looking to purchase a kit we advise you to contact us directly.

Remember members we not only sell this kit, but we use it daily so we know exactly what it can and cant do. Also we have customers asking for the latest updates for Diagbox. However we do advise all users to install to 7.57 only as this still has all features enables and available. If you update to version 8 of Diagbox then you will lose certain coding functions as both Citroen and Peugeot start to move more and more to online subscription access.

We also offer a full remote teamviewer install service if needed. (charges apply)

All members of the French Car Forums can be assured of 100% quality, service, and fast delivery. I am also now preparing a "DISCOUNT CODE" FOR USE ON OUR WEBSITE for all French Car Forum Members. The discount code will automatically apply at checkout and price will be reduced by 10%.

Once again thanks to all French Car Forum members for their kind remarks about our service.

Jim
EASYDIAGNOSTICS

P.S. I will post the discount code on the forum as soon as we have it all setup. If you need any help or advice at all regarding Lexia Diagbox please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 18 Apr 2017, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unfortunately, Easydiagnostics have not provided a discount code for members, or responded to to the Admin Team for clarification of this offer to date, so their post has been edited to reflect this until we are notified to the contrary.
cancunia

Post by cancunia »

Looking for Lexia 348 links
Does anyone have a link for standalone Lexia 34x? Or any higher version that's not launched via Diagbox? I've spent a couple of hours at this and most of what I find is either dead, passworded or bundled with Diagbox. I have a copy of Diagbox with Lexia inside, but was looking for something late without the overhead.

Many Thanks
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Jim, you are welcome. I bought a Lexia clone from you a few years ago, and it has been a very useful piece of kit.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Florrynel
My Cars: Citroen C5

Post by Florrynel »

Hello everyone! i'm a new citroen owner and so far so good i love it, it's about a c5 exclusive 2008. Is there anyone with a lexia aroud Reading or surroundings to help me activate the daytime running light? Will be much appreciated! thank you
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Do you know what the procedure is to turn on the DRLs? I do have a Lexia, but I do not know how to do this on your C5. If you can find out, I live in the Reading area, and am willing to help.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Are you going to be using Diagbox James - this is the default for an X7, If so I'll dig out the relevant section in the morning.

Marc
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I don't know, as I have not used it on a newish Citroen.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+