New one on me!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

New one on me!

Post by RichardW »

A head light bulb went on the way to work on Thursday morning - then when I checked it, realised that the sidelight was out as well. Thinking back I am sure I have never changed a Xantia side light in 11 years / 210k!! I also had to change a number plate bulb - again a first. Perhaps I should change the other 2 before they go as well :) The number plate lights actually make some light now as well, since I scrubbed the lenses inside and out as well! Must keep the plate dirty to avoid the attention of the Gatsos :evil:

I also fitted a replacement indicator switch (cheers Paul :wink: )- the old one has not worked properly on left turns for about 2 years - needed a lift off the bottom or it wouldn't make proper contact. This is v easy on a MK2 - 2 screws and the top shroud comes off, then the bottom shroud wiggles down and the switch can be removed. Took me longer to find an appropriate Torx bit than it did to actually change it! Mind you, a 20 month old climbing all over you doesn't help :lol:
Richard W
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: New one on me!

Post by spider »

Good to know. :)

I was expecting a "problem" somehow and as I read the first paragraph my thoughts went to 'bad earth in that headlight hence odd sidelight / headlight actions' but obviously I was wrong.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I checked in the dark this morning - wow, those number plate lights are bright now! I can recommend this to everyone, pop the lenses out, and give them a quick scrub under the tap. Or maybe not if it attracts the attention of the GATSO brigade.... :roll:

Nice not to have to lift the indicator switch to make it work every time I want to signal left as well - although I have got so used to it, it is habit now. I always end up cancelling the indicators in the Picasso when I drive it....
Richard W
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

RichardW wrote:I also fitted a replacement indicator switch (cheers Paul :wink: )- the old one has not worked properly on left turns for about 2 years - needed a lift off the bottom or it wouldn't make proper contact.
The VSX has started doing this (194k) but I had this fault on the Green Lady several years ago (at roughly half the miles). Anyone got any idea why it's always the N/S contacts? I think I might have a spare stalk of the right type (98 vintage) with the fog light switch incorporated.

Bit of a PITA on S1s as the steering wheel has to come off to remove the stalks - at least I now know to mark the shaft and wheel boss very carefully. :-D
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

It isn't always the N/S that goes. Gracie is having an intermittent issue when indicating right.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!